Author Topic: how do you get WL to download at an exact time?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline m77

• Forecaster
how do you get WL to download at an exact time?
« on: February 26, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »
I am having trouble with this and found that it downloaded 3-4 mins later than when i specified.

This is mucking up my system scheduler as you can imagine.

I then read this in the help file:

Under certain circumstances, the software will actually download data up to 10 minutes after the automatic download time. This feature allows the software to automatically download data from a station if you launch the software a little later than the automatic download time. For example, if a station is set to download at 12:01, and you launch the software at 12:05, the software will still download the station’s data.

If I want the download at 12:01 for example, why won't it do it then ????!!!

Weatherlink ip, Vantage Vue,

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
Re: how do you get WL to download at an exact time?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »
I think that the help file is stating that if you are scheduled to d/l from the weather-station at 12:01, 13:01, 14:01, etc., and WL has been started (or restarted) at an odd time, it will sneak in a download to catch up.  The help file also states that the auto-download schedule is in addition to (optional) download requests by internet upload profiles.  It the problam that it just does not get back on the configured schedule and you end up with (minutes) old data in your internet uploads or an inconsistent time-stamp in your raw data files?

If that is what is "mucking up" your system scheduler, are you trying to run windows command macros to d/l instead of the method above?  That doesn't seem necessary, so I must not completely understand your situation.

[edit] I just noticed you have WL-IP, so that may not work quite the same as my WL-USB.  Sorry if I confused things further. [/edit]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:26:54 PM by xykotik »

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline m77

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
no worries, i am not using S.S. for this part.

i have discovered that the "Auto download" command can be 3-4 mins out.

If you use "Data upload profile" and tick "download station first" this seems to be spot on the timings every time (well, for me at least!)

strange but effective.
Weatherlink ip, Vantage Vue,

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »

i have discovered that the "Auto download" command can be 3-4 mins out.

If you use "Data upload profile" and tick "download station first" this seems to be spot on the timings every time (well, for me at least!)

It's approximate, and of course if there's no new data to download, it won't download any.

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

I have been setting my upload times (with auto station d/l) to correspond to my profile numbers.  Profile 1 at xx:01, profile 5 at xx:05, etc. so I can remember which is which when looking at my data in various places.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

anything