Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184131 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1125 on: December 13, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »
If you want forecast and models try out weather.us. Worth a subscription also IMO. They even give you the coveted euro model with precip for free.  Hi res Rapid has the exact temps within 18 hours also. https://weather.us/model-charts/rapid-us/dda07c40e372efdfb00c6ea3b21afdb2/temperature-f.html

You can come up with an ensemble forecast of your choosing what models you like.

example 1: https://weather.us/weather/5700344-valentine

Then there is the example 2: MOS model I like that seems close currently for my area.  https://weather.us/forecast/5700344-valentine/essentials/srb

Randy

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
« Reply #1126 on: December 13, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »
Both the 10 day Forecast and the next day hourly forecast never populate since yesterday.  I have cleared the browser cache and rebooted.  Only the Today forecast populates.

Same here, no 10-day, wonkey Today.  Honestly, I wouldn't hire IBM to mow my lawn at this point.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1127 on: December 13, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
All data and forecast information good here for the last few weeks.  https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAGRASS150&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
« Reply #1128 on: December 14, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »
All data and forecast information good here for the last few weeks.  https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAGRASS150&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Actually, it doesn't, at least not for me.  Click on "Forecast for Grass Valley, CA ", then click "10 Day"...nothing.  If it works for some of you, that's great, but it's not working for me, or others, and presumably the very few users I still have.

Offline clayj9

« Reply #1129 on: December 16, 2018, 05:18:31 AM »
Daily summary statistics table is blank for me. It's been offline for a few days and since coming back the summary table is just blank. Easy fix?

Offline Retired Navy

« Reply #1130 on: December 16, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »
Good Evening,
Being a retired sailor and now a contractor, I use weather underground to plan my activities. Lately, the site has more problems that it's extremely frustrating to use. The one major problem is the Nexrad radar. Since last night (12/15/18) when I attempted to zoom in on the radar from Upton NY, I was shown to a radar site in the mid west (some 700  miles west of my location). I tried to back out to the beginning of the radar loop and i had to exit and then start from the very beginning. I realize that in the world of computers that constant  changes and updates are going to happen. Whether its needed or not. If you are trying to improve the product the same way Apple does with the IOS updates, causing more issues than fixes, please restore the system to an earlier version and increase product testing before updating. I use windows 7 and google chrome as my browser. I've run complete diagnostics to ensure the problem is not on my end.

12/17/18
Yes I emailed wunderground about these issues also.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:05:49 AM by Retired Navy »

Offline SWX

« Reply #1131 on: December 17, 2018, 03:16:59 PM »
My station hasn’t been on the map for nearly a week. Doesn’t bother me tbh, everything else is in order, but I’m just slightly curious as to why.

At first I suspected erroneous temperature reports as my station has a tendency to run ~2 degrees warmer than others when there’s calm winds and clear blue skies during the early morning hours, I suspect it’s the low sun angle considering this issue is fairly recent. Doesn’t happen all the time but when it does it typically subsides as the sun climbs higher into the sky.

But I see a few stations that are way off the mark at all times, however they remain on the map. Just curious to know if there’s a legitimate reason why my station disappeared or if it’s a bug.

Station still not on the map and summary data still occasionally blank, but as of today it has a gold star rating for the first time. :?: Very weird lol.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1132 on: December 18, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »
It's becoming increasing difficult to trust the data WU is presenting to it's consumers. Having once again lost my "Golden Acorn" rating (for zero reason), I suspect it's due to WU's screwing up the data. My suspicion was raised when viewing the Wundermap for my neighborhood and ticking "Precipitation" for one of the map elements. Sure enough it's correctly reporting my 0.3" for my daily total. Yet if I click on the station icon to preview the little station summary popup, it is incorrectly reporting 0.0". I would imagine this would be enough to trigger the removal of the gold rating. Clearly no one is doing any data validation.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1133 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:39 PM »
I also lost my "Gold Medal" today.  All my data looks good.

Offline weathereric

« Reply #1134 on: December 18, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
Hi Gang,

For months now, the "WebCam" tab on my PWS page at https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWAPORTT52&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history says my webcam is missing.  However, if I choose View WebCams on Wondermap and find my station, https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/RainyEric/1/show.html, my webcam is displayed and I can find all the usual daily videos, etc.  I've tried this with multiple/incognito browsers. ](*,)

Sure would be nice if it just showed on the main page.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1135 on: December 19, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »
It's becoming increasing difficult to trust the data WU is presenting to it's consumers. Having once again lost my "Golden Acorn" rating (for zero reason), I suspect it's due to WU's screwing up the data. My suspicion was raised when viewing the Wundermap for my neighborhood and ticking "Precipitation" for one of the map elements. Sure enough it's correctly reporting my 0.3" for my daily total. Yet if I click on the station icon to preview the little station summary popup, it is incorrectly reporting 0.0". I would imagine this would be enough to trigger the removal of the gold rating. Clearly no one is doing any data validation.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
It comes and then it goes. Sigh.............................. :???:
Check your baro reading compared to other stations and a local airport. mine was off and after I corrected it all is well.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:38:49 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1136 on: December 19, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
The one major problem is the Nexrad radar.
From one squid to another UU, try this. Best radar and sat pics, imo.
https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=OKX-N0Q-1-24

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1137 on: December 19, 2018, 04:21:52 PM »

great radar site, thanks for posting it!  =D>

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1138 on: December 19, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »

great radar site, thanks for posting it!  =D>
Sure. Here's a GOES16 pic, fun to play with and as you can see, 17 is apparently right around the corner.
https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=global-northamerica-09-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=data

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1139 on: December 19, 2018, 05:12:18 PM »
thanks again!
If only we lived somewhere that has "real" weather this time of year...

Oh well, I guess monsoon season is only 7 months away!

Offline Retired Navy

« Reply #1140 on: December 20, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »
Once again, another storm system is poised to affect the east coast in the next 48 hours. As usual tracking the rains will be an issue. Since my last rant there have been no improvements with the Nexrad radar. I have tried everything to get the radar to properly zoom in over the long island area. I am now getting redirected to the mid atlantic areas of Norfolk VA.
Yes I have gone to the Norfolk area radar, when attempting to zoom from 200% to 400%, the response jumps to the 800% and when  zoom out to 100% Im back in the midwest again.
And they want me to join and become a member?  ](*,)

Thanks for the weather.cod info  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:27:13 AM by Retired Navy »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1141 on: December 20, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »
Once again, another storm system is poised to affect the east coast in the next 48 hours. As usual tracking the rains will be an issue. Since my last rant there have been no improvements with the Nexrad radar. I have tried everything to get the radar to properly zoom in over the long island area. I am now getting redirected to the mid atlantic areas of Norfolk VA.
Yes I have gone to the Norfolk area radar, when attempting to zoom from 200% to 400%, the response jumps to the 800% and when  zoom out to 100% Im back in the midwest again.
And they want me to join and become a member?  ](*,)

Thanks for the weather.cod info  :grin:
Washington (the state) is being hammered with weather lately (including a rare tornado in the central Puget Sound). I'm becoming a pretty big fan of DarkSky. Here is an example of their radar for your neck of the woods:

https://maps.darksky.net/@radar,40.631,-73.293,7

Good Luck!

Offline Retired Navy

« Reply #1142 on: December 20, 2018, 07:32:35 PM »
Thanks for the dark sky info! More good news;after all my ranting, the wunderground nexrad for the central Nassau County area appears to be working properly with the zoom functions staying on Long Island. :grin:

Offline Ken7

« Reply #1143 on: December 22, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »

My gold was gone as of this date too for no reason. Data is all fine with no drops. The beat goes on.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1144 on: December 22, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »
It is what it is....... sigh. :???:

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1145 on: December 22, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »
It is what it is....... sigh. :???:

Read (It isn’t what it should be) ;)

Offline quailvalleywx

« Reply #1146 on: December 27, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
Weather History Graph seems to be referenced to local time today rather than using the timezone relative to the day under inspection.  I was looking at a day back in August (during Daylight Savings Time) and noticed it was shifted as compared to WeatherCloud, who I also send data to.  Probably an easy fix but maybe we wait for the new dashboard page?
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
WS-1400-IP, Galaxy S3 for cloud cam and Web Server
QV Website | Source Code | WU | WC | PWS | MesoWest/CWOP

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #1147 on: December 31, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Is it possible that the Goldstar Station icon has less to do with the quality of your data, and more to do with the quality of the actual weather station? At least that's how I read it, particularly given the fact that my PWS received this little icon seconds after I started sharing my data.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1148 on: December 31, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »

Is it possible that the Goldstar Station icon has less to do with the quality of your data, and more to do with the quality of the actual weather station? At least that's how I read it, particularly given the fact that my PWS received this little icon seconds after I started sharing my data.

You are assuming there is logic in how WU assigns it’s coveted Goldstar status to a pws! It used to be a pretty good judge of a station, now it seems Goldstar status is assigned at random. For example, I added a third pws last week and it immediately received a goldstar whereas one of my other stations, for no apparent reason, lost its. As of yesterday, now all three stations have the WU Goldstar designation. I sent a PM several months ago to the WU employee that is following this thread. He informed me that they are still working on the process on how to award a pws a Goldstar. Obviously, WU has a ways to go!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #1149 on: December 31, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »
You are assuming there is logic ...

Priceless! :grin:

As for assumptions, I'm not believing that this thread has been looked at by WU folk for quite a while. I started reading this thread at the front end, and then went to the end of it - most recent anyways - and fail to see evidence of their involvement any longer on this board, or more precisely, in this thread.

In any event, the Goldstar Station icon is much like discontinued scrip, of little to no value it would seem, at least until the House of WU gets fixed.

Kind regards,

Kelly