Author Topic: Belfort - Friez Rain Gauge For Sale - SOLD  (Read 5134 times)

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
Belfort - Friez Rain Gauge For Sale - SOLD
« on: May 13, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
Greetings All,

I found and purchased on the net, from a lady in South Dakota an old time rain gauge.  I would say it's an old Friez.
It is the type I was looking for for some time and have already acquired and use one.  One sold in Texas before I had a chance to buy it and it was scrapped for the copper and bronze.  I thought I would grab this one before it was scrapped and put it up hear for someones enjoyment use, rather than scrap.  With the price of copper, bronze and brass today that's where stuff is going.  They are getting quite rare.

The capture funnel is bronze an rings like a bell.  The measuring tube is brass and the main body is copper.  it is 27" tall, 8" in diam, and the measuring tube is 2".  Quite heavy, shipping weight about 14 lbs.

Some photos:

A photo of a new one:

OK,  a new one today, cost is $4,323.00.  No the decimal is not in the wrong place.  I will post a link where you can verify the price.  I did not get the measuring gauge or the stand with it, however I am posting a link where you can purchase them quite reasonable, or you can make your own stand.

I am asking what I have in it, $100.00 plus $20.00 shipping.
If you have an interest, send me a PM or email.  IF you have it, PayPal will work.  A check or M/O will also work.

Any Questions, please feel free to ask.
Please post hear, that you have sent me a note of interest.

Thanks and enjoy,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  :grin:

Verify the price of a new one:

http://www.belfortinstrument.com/content/precipitation_m5400.cfm

New gauge or stand:

http://www.novalynx.com/products-rain-gauges.html

Hear is a photo of my old "Friez" rain gauge all cleaned up and in service.  Stands 37" tall.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:18:04 PM by NiceBill »
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: Belfort - Friez Rain Gauge For Sale - Cheep
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »

Please post here, that you have sent me a note of interest.

Posted, sent...

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:34:26 PM »

Thanks for looking:

The rain gauge is SOLD.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  :-)
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »
That's a neat gauge!  I'd probably have to hook a burglar alarm to it so it would not walk away during the night around here.  They are even cutting the cats out of parked car exhausts over night here.  I know a couple scrap guys that could smell the copper and brass in that rain gauge a mile away.   #-o
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything