Author Topic: VP1 dropping issues  (Read 1835 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
VP1 dropping issues
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
My VP1 goes through fits once in awhile.  It'll come and go in streaks.  What I notice is my temp/humid sensor will drop out.  It's either that, or I'm loosing the transmission.

But last fall, I cleaned all connections and put dielectric grease on all connections.  So I don't think it's a bad connection.  I also have 2 consoles and both are dropping.  So I'm sure it's an ISS issue, not console or something.

The other part that has me puzzled are these graphs.  You can see when the temp flat lines, I'm having issues.  But why would the baro spike?  I think that was totally in my console?

Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: VP1 dropping issues
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »
re the baro, almost looks like the console altitude setting is being applied and then not applied (i.e it spilkes up to a level by the same amount (that it was before the big drop)
maybe you are loosing the console altitude when you have reset the console, and then have applied that later, to then have it lost again, etc

re the transmission, try, as a test,disconnecting the charge lead from the solar panel, to the ISS, so that the ISS  just runs on the battery (and put in a new battery)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: VP1 dropping issues
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:25:23 AM »
I replaced my batteries last fall in everything, consoles, ISS, Fars, anemometer transmitter.

When I got home from work, I set my upstairs console to retransmit my channel 2,8 singles from ISS and anemometer to channel 1. Then I changed my "suspect" data logger console to channel 1.  Only lost 4 packets since midnight.  So I'm suspecting either the downstairs console is flaking out, or it still has poor reception downstairs.

My upstairs console is an older unit I bought used from this forum.  I have a Davis firmware updater on it's way to update the upstairs console to the DST version.  Once that is done, I will swap the 2 consoles out and see if the reception issues follow, or go away.  That'll be the last test really.

If the downstairs console doesn't get reception, I may have to consider changing out to a VP2.  That would suck.  Mostly because I have the anemometer unit too, plus I want 2 consoles still.  And as long as I'm in for that kind of change, might as well get the ISS with 24 hour FARS, UV and solar rad.  Right!?!
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI