Author Topic: VP2 model 6152 display locked up  (Read 565 times)

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
    • Cape Small Harbor Weather
VP2 model 6152 display locked up
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »
Powered down the unit to change to a NANO SD. On power up, the console display locks up, either on battery (new ones) only or AC only or both. Setup Done + - has no effect. The unit only beeps once on power up. Sounds as if I may need to call Davis unless there is a trick I have missed?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: VP2 model 6152 display locked up
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
So what happens if you take the Nano out again and just boot the bare console - simply as a test?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
So what happens if you take the Nano out again and just boot the bare console - simply as a test?

Same problem, with/without the NANO, and with/without the Davis expander.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »

OK, power down the console completely (ie remove at least one battery and mains connection) and leave for a while - eg overnight if necessary. This may fix the problem. If not then the interconnect cable inside the console may need reseating or there may indeed be a more serious console fault.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline lobsterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 09:34:29 PM »

OK, power down the console completely (ie remove at least one battery and mains connection) and leave for a while - eg overnight if necessary. This may fix the problem. If not then the interconnect cable inside the console may need reseating or there may indeed be a more serious console fault.

Inadvertently I took your advice. Davis says leave it all unpowered for 30 secs or so, so finally I left it unpowered for an hour, which I guess gave any capacitors in the circuits time to discharge completely, and I am back online.

Thanks for your help.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:11:53 PM »
good for you.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline oregonalex

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 01:11:11 PM »

I've had the same problem. Console would not boot after inserting the logger.  Left it sit overnight, powered up in the morning and all is well. Thank you for the tip!