Author Topic: Vantage Pro2 Interference  (Read 356 times)

Offline CGL

Vantage Pro2 Interference
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:46:46 AM »
I have interference from a near by station. I want to check which channels I am receiving from elsewhere.  Is it possible to turn off my channels in the ISS and other transmitters?

Colin

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Vantage Pro2 Interference
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:31:17 AM »
You could try changing your channel number to one that doesn't show on your setup under "receiving from". If you still see your station number after switching, you are picking up another station. I would think that most people do not change it from the default #1.

Other than that, I think that you would need to remove the battery from the ISS and unplug the solar panel. Turn on the #4 DIP switch to enable the diagnostic LED. This will help discharge the super capacitor a bit faster and totally disable the ISS from transmitting after several hours. Once you are finished with this experiment, you will need to remember to turn off the #4 DIP switch as well as reconnecting the solar panel and replacing the battery.

Other than these suggestions, I don't think there is another way to shut off an ISS (or other SIM module transmitter).

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline CGL

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »
Thank you.
I think I will set all the transmitters to 1 and see which other channels register as receiving a signal.

Colin

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 11:46:20 AM »
Thank you.
I think I will set all the transmitters to 1 and see which other channels register as receiving a signal.

Colin

If it's convenient, you could take the ISS away from your location.  Take it a mile away and leave it with a friend, go back to your home, and see what channels you are receiving.

That might be a lot easier.

anything