Author Topic: Version of VWS  (Read 1219 times)

Offline geno

• Senior Contributor
Version of VWS
« on: November 24, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »
What is the latest version of VWS?  According to my site -- I'm running version 15 p03. 
I recently moved to a new host and all seemed to go well -- until today when I noticed that my station is not reading the wind direction/speed/or gusts.  Frankly, I don't know if this is a new problem or not.  All other parameters seem fine.
thanks,
-gene
Geno

Davis 6323 Wireless Vantage Pro2 ISS
with 24-Hr Fan Aspirated Radiation Shield and Aerocone
VWS 15.0  p03
www.genesweather.info

Offline Impala88

• Senior Contributor
    • IrvineWx
Re: Version of VWS
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »
That is the latest version.  It hasn't been updated in a few years, half the features no longer work and they are still actively selling it for $99.95 online.  #-o

Offline geno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:53:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply and confirmation. 
I really like the look of your web site -- what weather software are you using? 
I'm not good at programming -- even tried an entirely different approach to building my page -- it didn't work for me so I stayed with VWS.
I'm okay at hacking HTML code and inserting weather maps (which I value the most, personally), but beyond that, I'm a mess.
-gene
Geno

VWS 15.0  p03
www.genesweather.info

Offline wesleyremmel

• My Glendale Arizona Weather Station
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
VWS is old and outdated....1990s looking. Version 15.xx is old and behind in times to Weather Display.

www.myglendalewxs.com

Offline geno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »
I did learn from Ed at Ambient -- that I am running the latest version and that VWS is no longer being supported. 
I'm sorta a "set it and forget it" kinda guy so it's not surprising that I had no idea about the lack of support.
My desktop weather console does not show any wind parameters -- but it is showing temp -- and "low battery transmitter".
I'm gonna replace the battery, of course, but not sure if that will fix the wind readings. 
Geno

VWS 15.0  p03
www.genesweather.info

Offline Impala88

• Senior Contributor
    • IrvineWx
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »
My site is generated by VWS with additional scripting.  I started with the website builder template and just kept adding on.  When the features in VWS started to quit working I improvised.  It's been a 13-year work in progress.  :grin: 

Offline geno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
To bad I don't have better programming skills.
I have contacted Davis about my anemometer issue.  I think my problem is hardware related and probably not software -- since all the other parameters are reporting.
Geno

VWS 15.0  p03
www.genesweather.info