Author Topic: Ambient has added PWS Weather to the WS-2xxx Weather Stations.  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Sir_MAK

Ambient has added PWS Weather to the WS-2xxx Weather Stations.
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
Ambient has added reporting to PWS Weather to the WS-2xxx Weather Stations.  Also you can now set up both WU and PWS Weather from the Ambient web site or from the iOS app (Android too?).

For those who want to setup the WS-2000 to report to Weather Cloud use the awnet smartphone app.
Ambient WS-2000, Central Ohio - WU WC
Ambient
WS-2902, Lake Erie   -    WU WC

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Ambient has added PWS Weather to the WS-2xxx Weather Stations.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »
Are you saying that they added PWSweather.com reporting directly from the WS-2000? ...or are you saying they did it via ambientweather.net which then uploads to PWSweather.com?

Because as far as the WS-2902A it is not possible (just checked) to upload directly to PWSweather.com (without adding extra hardware running Meteobridge or WeeWx interceptor.) The only thing Ambient just rolled out that I'm aware of is for the ability to upload to PWSweather.com via your ambientweather.net account. This new functionality available to any device that uploads to ambientweather.net, meaning any recent station models, ObserverIP models, and including WeatherBridge devices. (Although I don't see why you would want to do this if you had a WeatherBridge because it can do so directly with more control.)

You can read my review of this new capability here:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35091.0
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:09:09 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Sir_MAK

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.
Too many years using a Acurite 5-1 where you setup Weather Underground at the host and the bridge downloads the setting and then directly sends to WU.
Ambient WS-2000, Central Ohio - WU WC
Ambient
WS-2902, Lake Erie   -    WU WC

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
The write-up for the WS-2000 on the Ambient Weather website talks about a “share” feature included in the Ambient Weather Network (ambientweather.net).  It says:

“The share feature allows you to share your dashboard with friends and family. The embedded share feature generates custom html code you can add to your website.”

Does this mean a person could copy codes for reporting current weather conditions, for example, and add them to a personal weather website?  Any information about this share feature would be appreciated.  I could not find any mention of the share feature in the write-up of the WS-2902 station.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:27 PM »
There are two separate things with the Ambient Weather Network "share" functionality.

1 - You can give someone a private link to your stations Dashboard on ambientweather.net. It is like getting a secret URL. Anyone you share the URL with can only see your Dashboard, pretty much as you see it. This is because ambientweather.net is private unless you decide to share it. The Dashboard just loads on any browser.

2 - The custom code for sharing your data to a website is similar to what some people call a web widget. By looking at this forum I'm sure you have stumbled on some people's signature that includes their custom code to their weather data from Weather Underground or from WeatherCloud or from some other template that they are running on a personal website. We'll ambientweather.net has the capability for you to embed their entire Dashboard in a website. Although technically similar to a widget it is larger and not ideal for a signature. So you can make it part of your personal website that you host somewhere. It is Iframe Embed HTML Code.

* You can decide if to make indoor temperature and humidity part of either of the two share features or if you want to keep the indoor sensors private and only share the outdoor sensors data.

Here is the documentation:
https://ambientweather.net/help/how-do-i-share-my-data-with-ambientweather-net/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:22:34 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 06:35:25 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.  Much appreciated.

Offline tony

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 08:05:38 AM »
Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:08:15 AM by tony »

Offline lwsmiser

• Smiser PWS
  • Larry
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 07:18:51 PM »
I just got my WS-2000 yesterday and have it running on Ambientweather.net and on Weather Underground.  I am having an issue with the tablet display which is missing the Sun icon in the lower left corner of the screen.  It was there initially but disappeared as I proceeded to make changes in the setup procedure.  I am not sure what happened to make it disappear.  The Sunrise and Sunset times are also appear to be very odd such as AM 10:45 am to PM 10:53 unless I am mistaken about what those times are.  The time is set correctly and the timezone is also correct. :oops: Just got the answer from Ambient Weather...I had not set the Longitude and Latitude so they were default at 0 degrees E and 0 degrees N.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:29:58 PM by lwsmiser »
Retired and happy!

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 03:37:19 PM »
the graphical representation of where your "sun" is, in relation to sunrise and sunset times is a very nice touch!

really liking this station..

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 03:43:15 PM »
the graphical representation of where your "sun" is, in relation to sunrise and sunset times is a very nice touch!

really liking this station..

Yep, it reminded me of Yo Window Weather. That was the first place I saw that type of animation.
Tele-Pole

Offline cjtamu

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
I'll have to look for that. Sun is nowhere on my display this late at night.

Offline lwsmiser

• Smiser PWS
  • Larry
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »
I was told that my longitude and latitude were not set...I checked and sure enough they were 0,0.  I got them from Google Earth in decimal degrees and entered the data and the Sun icon magically appeared. \:D/
Retired and happy!

Offline cjtamu

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »
I was told that my longitude and latitude were not set...I checked and sure enough they were 0,0.  I got them from Google Earth in decimal degrees and entered the data and the Sun icon magically appeared. \:D/

Set my lat/long during initial display setup. I had no sun because it was late at night. Pops up every morning, it’s a neat feature.