Author Topic: Question regarding remote VP2 temperature sensor  (Read 510 times)

Offline citabria90

Question regarding remote VP2 temperature sensor
« on: September 01, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
Greetings all;
I have a VP2 / ISS. I also have a remote thermo sensor (#6372, if I recall correctly). It's configured for channel 3. It shows on WeatherLink2 as "2nd Temp." All is well.

I find this thermo sensor is better placed and reports a more accurate temperature than the ISS onboard sensor. I'm trying to figure out how to configure the two sensors so that my remote 6372 is the main sensor (and the one that reports to Wunderground), and the onboard sensor to be "2nd Temp."

Any help you may provide will be much appreciated and thanked!

Chuck

Offline StormCapture

Re: Question regarding remote VP2 temperature sensor
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:00:31 PM »
I have also been thinking of doing this as well as my thermo/hydro sensor isn’t the best on sensitivity to temperature but then again, I don’t have the latest sensor in there as mine is from 2012.

I am not sure if you can change it over so the probe is being uploaded along side the other data as it depends on what software is used and how it’s designed. As  I use Cumulus, I don’t think you can have the temperature reading from another transmitter reading as the main as it goes by the full ISS. This also would be good if Davis had an extra port for humidity on the SIM so you’d have WIND SUN UV RAIN TEMP HUM. As then it’ll be possible.

But yes I am also willing to hear if others have done it, I haven’t tried it as I don’t have another transmitter for temp only

Offline JohnsIsland

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 01:14:03 PM »
In Setup, Set Transceiver, try setting the probe to ISS instead of temp.  I have found this will cause the internal probe to be the Inside temp, and the external to be Outdoor temp.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »
In Setup, Set Transceiver, try setting the probe to ISS instead of temp.  I have found this will cause the internal probe to be the Inside temp, and the external to be Outdoor temp.

You are only allowed one transmitter set as ISS per station. So if you set the 6372 as ISS then readings from all the other ISS sensors will be ignored.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.