Author Topic: Is there a place to view my Purpleair data on WU?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Is there a place to view my Purpleair data on WU?
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »
When I set up my Purpleair I checked the box to share the data with Weather Underground.  Is there a way to view my data there, or, if not, does anyone know what WU is doing with the AQI data?

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: Is there a place to view my Purpleair data on WU?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
I asked this on the Trello board a while back they just said it will be ready when it's done.

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Eerskie

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:17:29 AM »
Yes, there is, but it seems to be glitchy.

Here is the answer from purpleair:

———————

We are waiting for Weather Underground (WU) to let us know how to manage the sensor in their system. If you chose to upload data to WU, it will be sending it to them through their new API that is not part of the PWS system but they are working on having the two integrated together.   You can look for air quality related data in their pages - if you are looking at a locations "Full Forecast" scroll down to the Air Quality box/tap.  Click on that and when you scroll down to just after the map of the U.S. you will see "Nearby Pollution Monitors".  In this area you will see sensors that the WU is using to get that data.  Any PurpleAir sensor that have chosen to upload data to the WU will be a part of those locations, if there is a sensor in the area. Sometimes based on the WU algorithm it takes more than one device for the WU to display a reading.

The WU 2.5 air quality report and the PurpleAir map, by default, display the calculated AQI. On WU's "nearest pollution monitors" is displays PM values in μg/m3. On the PurpleAir map you can view PM values in μg/m3 by selecting RAW PM2.5 in μg/m3 under the May Data Layer menu in the bottom lefthand corner.

Offline Eerskie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 03:23:05 AM »
Sorry, I need to retract the ‘glitchy’ comment, which I only made because I could not correlate the value on the purpleair map to the value shown for ‘my’ station on WU.

My mistake, I did not read the purpleair response properly. Need to compare the raw 2.5 data vs WU. Then they line up.

Offline vinesweather

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vines Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
My purpleair data doesn't even show up on my WU account...

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »
It won't for a very long time. The WU team is small and firefighting. The Purpleair addition is on a Things to do list

When that will happen is anyone's guess. I wish Purpleair would allow other weathers items to use its information and assign it to PWS user sites.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

anything