Author Topic: VP2 Siting Advice Needed  (Read 2782 times)

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
Re: VP2 Siting Advice Needed
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:16 AM »
The question is, should I be concerned about any calibration issues?  Could the rain tipper be thrown off?  Should I order a new temp sensor?
I would think doubtfully. I'd certainly watch it before I bought anything though, or get another SHT31 as a spare. My spare's in use now.

I suppose by watch, you mean watch for any erratic behavior or lack of reporting?  I received my new standoff/screw parts last night and opened up the shield.  Attached are a couple pictures of the SHT31.  I assume this is in the right position?  I couldn't find any diagrams online which portrayed the way the sensor is supposed to sit below the fan housing.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
The question is, should I be concerned about any calibration issues?  Could the rain tipper be thrown off?  Should I order a new temp sensor?
I would think doubtfully. I'd certainly watch it before I bought anything though, or get another SHT31 as a spare. My spare's in use now.

I suppose by watch, you mean watch for any erratic behavior or lack of reporting?

Attached are a couple pictures of the SHT31.  I assume this is in the right position?

Yes.

Everything is where it should be.

Offline WxLover16

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:04 PM »

I suppose by watch, you mean watch for any erratic behavior or lack of reporting?

Attached are a couple pictures of the SHT31.  I assume this is in the right position?

Yes.

Except for an AC fan. Sorry couldn't resist. Ah, the look inside to the guts of a new weather station (sniffs for that new car smell). Enjoy it!
Davis Wireless VP2 SHT31 24hr 24CFM FARS

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »

Yes.

Except for an AC fan. Sorry couldn't resist. Ah, the look inside to the guts of a new weather station (sniffs for that new car smell). Enjoy it!

Ha, I might be there some day with an AC fan.  Many thanks for all the help guys.

anything