Author Topic: VP2console -> Belfryboy USB -> MB -> WLcomm2?  (Read 458 times)

Offline dtidmore

VP2console -> Belfryboy USB -> MB -> WLcomm2?
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:35:32 AM »
I recently upgraded to the full Davis experience (6163) and as I already had my MB up and running prior, I chose to continue using the MB.  I am feeding LOOP2 data to WeatherCat from the IP address of the MB with no issues as well as all the weather sites that MB feeds. 

My question is whether Davis offers a way to forward my VP2 station info to WLcomm2 since I DON'T run a "genuine" Davis logger ....in other words since the 6555 option is gone, is the ONLY way to use a Davis logger with it associated DID, passcode?

FYI the Belfryboy logger works perfectly to the MB WITHOUT the need for a USB1.1->USB2.0 hub.  I chose the Belfryboy logger as while I had wrapped my head around the cost of the Davis station, the cost/value of their logger simply pegged my stupid meter. 

I have no real requirement to send my station data to WL, but their new site if fairly nice and since I did drink the whole cup of Davis koolaid (ie the 6163), I would like to get my data on their site if possible.

david

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: VP2console -> Belfryboy USB -> MB -> WLcomm2?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 08:39:29 AM »
It sounds like your only route to uploading to wl.com is to run the Weatherlink for Windows program. I'm sceptical that this will run reliably via the MB pass-through, but conceivably it might. But the issue is not a non-Davis logger but the overall software configuration.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dtidmore

Re: VP2console -> Belfryboy USB -> MB -> WLcomm2?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »
It sounds like your only route to uploading to wl.com is to run the Weatherlink for Windows program.

Thanks for the info.  As I am a mac operation, putting up a windows platform, especially just to feed WL, just does not make a lot of sense.

My original reason to feed WL was to provide a simple way to provide station graphical readings to my iPads/iphones on both my local network as well as from the internet without incurring the complications of doing such on my own.  I have been pursuing building up my own local website using WeatherCat and the SteelSeries gauges, so that is how I will satisfy my original desire. Once I get it operational on my local network, I will consider moving to a hosted server to expose the website on the internet as I really don't want the headaches of running such.