Author Topic: Air Quality Sensors  (Read 16437 times)

Offline thehoneywarrior

• Clarity Movement
Re: Air Quality Sensors
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

We're launching a subsidized community edition of our next-generation air quality monitor in response to the urgent need for clean air action. Previously only available to governments, we are making this edition available to make sure that those most in need of reliable real-time air quality data can access it. You can learn more and purchase a device at http://order.clarity.io

Features Overview:
Real-time PM2.5, Temperature, & Relative Humidity data
Durable and weatherproof: rated IPX3, UV resistant, & FCC certified
Automatically uploads data to Clarity OpenMap via WiFi
Sensor dashboard to monitor device activity
Externally powered via adapter (Type A plug included)

Everything feeds into Clarity’s OpenMap portal (openmap.clarity.io) where you can view real-time air pollution levels, visualize air quality over time, and track historical data trends of hundreds of measurement points across the world on one integrated open data platform.

More technical specs, testing reports, etc. are all on order.clarity.io.

Clarity is a startup from Berkeley working on air monitoring technology. We're deployed in over 40 countries across 27 cities, working with governments and environmental agencies to deploy hyperlocal air quality networks that transform the way cities understand and tackle air pollution. (you can read about some of our past projects here: https://medium.com/clarity-movement

Offline halifax

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »
Thanks, Keith and Simon, replies were much appreciated. I will post back my results.

Purple Air replied to my emails regarding my faulty sensor. I was asked to try to clear the sensors first with a shop vac running for 2 minutes, and when that did not help, to try compressed air. Seems like the level came down a bit but still not normal. They gave me the option of sending my unit in for repair or sending me new lasers and I do the swap. I opted for the latter approach.
Davis VP2+, NOAA POES Rx Station, SkyCam, Sandy Brook BrookCam. WU KCTCOLEB1. CWOP N1QVE. CoCoRaHS CT-LT-15. PurpleAir AQM Colebrook, CT.

Offline Keith Myers

• My Astrophotography photostream
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
Interesting to hear the lasers are modularized enough for someone to just swap out new parts.  Will be looking forward to your report.  I like it when products are updateable/repairable by the layman owner.  It prevents more junk being added to landfills by just trashing a otherwise good working product.
Thought I'd better join the community since I am getting a PWS tomorrow. The closest ones to my location have been very iffy in providing data to Weather Underground.  I need a WU station to provide my local weather conditions for my PVOutput.org solar generation monitoring.