Author Topic: VWS screen size  (Read 2334 times)

Offline pwdiver

• Beach Area Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • My 1972 Challenger
VWS screen size
« on: May 22, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
Im running VWS on a 43 in tv emulating a 4k resolution my problem is that Im only covering about a 1/4 of the screen when in full screen mode the rest is white until I shrink the whole weather display I want it to fill the whole screen

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: VWS screen size
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:42:30 AM »
What PC and video card are you using ? Are you sure your video card can support 4k ? Probably not and that is why you don't get full screen.

Offline pwdiver

• Beach Area Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • My 1972 Challenger
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Nvidia Geforce 730

Offline pwdiver

• Beach Area Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • My 1972 Challenger
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »
I now have a Samsung 40in 4 K tv using as a monitor but VWS is only showing up in the upper left had side of the display, I cant figure out how to get it to use the whole display. I get a small display then white all around

Offline GWD

• Sacramento Valley, CA
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:49:59 AM »
Obviously, there is not a known solution to this problem since this thread was posted a while ago and has received no meaningful help.

I don't think it is the video card since I have a nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 and am using a LG UHD 32" monitor on an Alienware Aurora gaming computer.

It seems like the VWS software is so old that it can't be used with the current systems and configurations. It has not been updated for ages.

Has anybody tried uninstalling and then reinstalling VWS to see if it adapts? I'm too cowardly to try it myself and risk losing VWS forever. :shock:

anything