Author Topic: Latest VWS updates(beta)  (Read 135381 times)

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Re: Latest VWS updates(beta)
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 02:37:56 AM »
I've read that the hourly rain has been returned to it's original function. Can anyone tell me if a few THW & THSW Index problems have been fixed recently?

Here are the problems I'm experiencing with v14.00p31:

In the Yearly Archive Report the value reported as THW Index "Min" is this month's minimum, not this year's minimum.

THW Index Avg will not show on a meter or gauge, but will show on a thermometer.
THW Index will not show on a graph, but will show on a stripchart.
Tags for daily, monthly, annual and yesterday's high & low THW Index do not work.

THSW Index will not calculate and is always equal to the temperature.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline Mr.Kelso

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
Are we done with updates now?

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
what sort of question is that?
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »
Ed has updates all the time, sometimes 3-4 in a day sometimes none for a few weeks. right now its p73...

Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline Mr.Kelso

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

I was just wondering if we were done thats all.

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »

I was just wondering if we were done thats all.

We are never done.  ;)

Bob

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
If you download the latest Beta ver P77 it will be ver P78 you get don't know what was fixed its not listed on the Wiki. Seem to work ok on my system. Your mileage may differ.
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline CuZev

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »
If you download the latest Beta ver P77 it will be ver P78 you get don't know what was fixed its not listed on the Wiki. Seem to work ok on my system. Your mileage may differ.

So noted.  I discovered this after downloading and installing.  I've not noted any problems to date.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »
I've not noted any problems to date.

Are you able to get THW index or THSW index to plot on a 'graph'?

Do all the HTML tags for THW index seem correct?

Do any of the HTML tags for THSW index work correctly yet?

These are the big fixes I've been anxiously waiting for!
www.LFWeatherCenter.com

blackjack52

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »
Just tried graphing THW Index; NOGO.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 01:42:55 AM »
Thanks

I'll just keep graphing Wind Chill, then switch to Heat Index in June.
www.LFWeatherCenter.com

Offline dsscheibe

• Scott's Weather Station Cactus Wren, Phoenix, AZ
Re: Latest VWS updates
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »
I'm confused as to which version of VWS is current compared to what I have.  Their website says the latest version is 14.00p054.  My copy which is running says it is 14:00P78, wouldn't P78 be newer than P054??  I'm running a Davis Pro2 if that makes a difference.
Scott
Davis Pro2 Plus daytime aspirated, wired
Weather Display

Offline offroadjosh

• Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »
You have a BETA version. They can be found here-- http://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/Beta+Version+Instructions

Josh
Josh Patten

Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
CWOP-DW0711
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline dsscheibe

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
You have a BETA version. They can be found here-- http://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/Beta+Version+Instructions
Josh

That is strange, as I remember I went to the main download page this spring and downloaded the latest version for Davis and this is what I got.  It seems to be working so I won't mess with it.  It was doing weird things with the 5 day forecast until I recently figured out some how it had changed the area code to some unknown place.  i changed it back to mine and all is well now.   I wish his installs had the version number in the file name instead of just vws_install.exe  so you could know what you were installing.
Scott
Weather Display

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »
.... I wish his installs had the version number in the file name instead of just vws_install.exe  so you could know what you were installing.

That idea has been made before, I agree with you.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:02 AM »
You can check which version you have on your computer. Click on "help" in the toolbar and then click on "About Virtual Weather Station"

Alan
Alan

Offline dsscheibe

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 02:29:24 AM »
You can check which version you have on your computer. Click on "help" in the toolbar and then click on "About Virtual Weather Station"

What were were talking about is what version the install file is BEFORE you install it.  When you download a new version from Ambient, no matter for what station or if it is a beta or not, ALL the files are named vws_install.exe  but are in different directories on the site. Unless you rename it when you download it there is no way to find out what version it is with out installing it..

Scott
Weather Display

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 03:05:30 AM »
Sorry Scott, you are correct.   #-o

Alan
Alan

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 05:06:03 AM »
 :-)  I've been running p73 for a while now with no problems.

Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148

Offline offroadjosh

• Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
Been on p86 since it came out with no issues!

Josh
Josh Patten

Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
CWOP-DW0711
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
Still waiting for THW & THSW to work correctly.

What answers does anyone have to these questions for the LATEST version...

Do all the HTML tags for THW index seem correct?

Do any of the HTML tags for THSW index work correctly yet?

These are the big fixes I've been anxiously waiting for!

Thanks
Mike
www.LFWeatherCenter.com

Offline dsscheibe

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
Still waiting for THW & THSW to work correctly.

What answers does anyone have to these questions for the LATEST version...

Well, I probably could tell you if I know what they were, I downloaded the latest version yesterday and got P87.  I can't find anything labiled THW THSW or anything with those initials or even close under modify display or html tags.  In fact I copied ALL the tags that VWS shows in to a page for testing a while back http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/tags.htm

Does anyone have a complete list of tags, I'm fairly sure that they aren't all listed in the html tags list.  I have a script that is calculating a value from this value
Code: [Select]
^vva165^ and it is no where in the tags list. 

Scott
Weather Display

blackjack52

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »
Still NOGO. They stillplot 0 value.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 10:12:53 PM »

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Does anyone have a complete list of tags, I'm fairly sure that they aren't all listed in the html tags list.  I have a script that is calculating a value from this value

Here's the code I used to create a "test page" for the THW values, the html tags are in it.
Code: [Select]
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Current THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v x v </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vxv165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Daily Hi THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v h i </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vhi165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Daily Hi THW Index Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v h t </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vht165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Daily Lo THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v l o </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vlo165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Daily Lo THW Index Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v l t </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vlt165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Running Average THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v v a </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vva165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Daily Average THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v d a </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vda165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Month Average THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v m a </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vma165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Year Average THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v y a </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vya165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index Rate </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v v r </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vvr165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index Rate Hi </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v r h </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vrh165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index Rate Hi Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v r t </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vrt165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index Rate Lo </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v r l </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vrl165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index Rate Lo Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v r s </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vrs165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Monthly Hi THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v m h </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vmh165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Monthly Hi THW Index Date </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v m d </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vmd165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Monthly Lo THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v m l </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vml165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Monthly Lo THW Index Date </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v m e </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vme165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yearly Hi THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v y h </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vyh165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yearly Hi THW Index Date </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v y d </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vyd165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yearly Lo THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v y l </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vyl165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yearly Lo THW Index Date </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v y e </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vye165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yesterday Hi THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v z h </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vzh165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yesterday Hi THW Index Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v z t </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vzt165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yesterday Lo THW Index </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v z l </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vzl165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>Yesterday Lo THW Index Time </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v z s </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vzs165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index 24 hours ago </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v h v </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vhv165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width:770" align="center"><font face="Arial" ><small><i>THW Index 24 hour difference </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="green"><b> v d v </b></font><font face="Arial"><small><i> is </i></small></font><font face="Arial" color="red"><b> ^vdv165^ </b></font></td>
</tr>
www.LFWeatherCenter.com

Offline dsscheibe

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »

I pasted it in to my tag test page and it seems to be working. P87    Every thing has a value except for the yearly data and the monthly low.

http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/tags.htm
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:01:13 PM by dsscheibe »
Scott
Weather Display

anything