Author Topic: New Atlas online reporting question  (Read 833 times)

Offline Clint1583

New Atlas online reporting question
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »
Just asked this same question on the FaceBook group but I'll give it a try here. Just setup my new Atlas weather station that's replacing my old 5-1. Everything appears to be working fine but both the My Acurite and Weather Underground sites don't show my current info yet. Is there a delay until these sites actually start showing the current weather data? It's been a couple of hours so far and nothing yet.

Settings on both sites show my new Atlas system though, just not broadcasting it.

Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: New Atlas online reporting question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
Just asked this same question on the FaceBook group but I'll give it a try here. Just setup my new Atlas weather station that's replacing my old 5-1. Everything appears to be working fine but both the My Acurite and Weather Underground sites don't show my current info yet. Is there a delay until these sites actually start showing the current weather data? It's been a couple of hours so far and nothing yet.

Settings on both sites show my new Atlas system though, just not broadcasting it.

Thanks

Check the Access "splash page" with a web browser (use the IP address assigned to the Access).  If your wunderground information is there and correct, it should be good.

If it's not there, then something in your setup hasn't been completed yet, or something is preventing your Access from receiving its setup info from myAcurite.

Valid weather station data should be flowing to myAcurite first.  Wunderground will follow about 10 minutes or so later.

Offline Clint1583

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
Thanks George, I ended up unplugging the Access and taking the batteries out for a few minutes and the all of a sudden everything synced after I turned it back on. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline DrewShock

Access issue
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »
I don't have the Atlas but I do have two Accesses both with update 47 and both can go offline for hours during brief power interruptions. I did wait one time for it to come back on by itself and it over 7 hours. I had it go down for over 24 hours once but wasn't sure if it was caused by a power outage. It is quicker to just reset it. Sometimes I can reset it just by unplugging the Ethernet cord for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Other times I have to unplug the power and remove the batteries. It seems to be an ongoing problem. The Access units aren't rated well on the Acurite website. Wish I would have had that information before I purchased them.

I run two smartHUBs also and they always comeback and report data as soon as the power is restored. Let's hope they get this figured out.

Offline Clint1583

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:51:23 AM »
Thanks, 24 hours and still working fine. Time will tell....

Offline txbayou

Re: Access issue
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 06:28:02 AM »
I don't have the Atlas but I do have two Accesses both with update 47 and both can go offline for hours during brief power interruptions. I did wait one time for it to come back on by itself and it over 7 hours. I had it go down for over 24 hours once but wasn't sure if it was caused by a power outage. It is quicker to just reset it. Sometimes I can reset it just by unplugging the Ethernet cord for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Other times I have to unplug the power and remove the batteries. It seems to be an ongoing problem. The Access units aren't rated well on the Acurite website. Wish I would have had that information before I purchased them.

I run two smartHUBs also and they always comeback and report data as soon as the power is restored. Let's hope they get this figured out.

I put my Access on a UPS for those reasons.

Offline Clint1583

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
I assume we have no alternative to the Access unit if we have an Atlas model, correct?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 12:23:48 PM »
I assume we have no alternative to the Access unit if we have an Atlas model, correct?

Not unless you build out a Pi with RTL_433 and help with the Atlas decoding.

anything