Author Topic: Access Connection Issues  (Read 30131 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Access Connection Issues
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »
My air sensor seems to be more accurate now also and runs right along with the Atlas. Those ribbon lines apparently get brittle on the end after being in the heat after so long and need to be checked and soldered over. My mistake was I had some of the hairs crossing over and touching the connector next to it. I had to heat them up, and remove the strands, and do it over. Those fine hairs are hard to see.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2018, 04:24:30 PM »
So I have more data on power outages. We had an outage in VT today for a short period of time. My Access is still offline. No issue with the SmarHub running in tandem with the 5 in 1. So in the last 4 days, I've had an outage in both CT and VT and both Access' did not come back online on their own.

Any thoughts on this? It's a bit frustrating considering the Access has a battery backup.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
The plot thickens! The VT station is back online. It was offline yesterday, from 9:56AM to 5:24PM. Not sure what caused it to reconnect on it's own...or why it took so long.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
My whole dashboard is offline and started at 8 05 EST

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2018, 12:50:31 PM »
I updated my thread on the Acurite forum. There's another individual there who sees a similar issue. His Access goes offline and doesn't reconnect until 6-7 hours later.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »
Was out of town this weekend Detroit Edison was here changing a fuse on my pole power was off for approximately 15 minutes +/- after power came back on Access re connected no problem right away all data was updated.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
When the Access is without power and then power comes back on does the Access back-fill WU with all missed data that wasn't transmitted during the outage?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »
When the Access is without power and then power comes back on does the Access back-fill WU with all missed data that wasn't transmitted during the outage?

No.  It only back-fills myAcurite.

Back-filling wunderground has been requested as a future feature, though.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2018, 08:40:43 AM »
I updated the firmware on my router last night in CT. I had an alert overnight that the Access signal had dropped. It all seemed well from early this morning onward. I checked yesterday on WU and it was reporting data up to midnight. So there's certainly some issues with the Access establishing a connection with the router after reboots/outages.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2018, 11:02:38 AM »
Received a replacement Access this week...has the same issue with randomly losing connection to all of the sensors despite a strong signal.

Support told me to "hold tight and wait for a solution from the developer."

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
Mine is dropping off as well, but it comes back for the next refresh, which is every 5 min. I can see with these kind of bugs why Acurite doesn't want to release anything new hardware wise until they can fix this stuff.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »
I'm hesitant to say this for fear of jinxing myself...  Both units have been OK for a period of time. I'll get a random dropout on my CT unit during the overnight hours here and there. That shows up as a gap in data on Weather Underground. Still not sure what is causing that. Data gaps are usually an hour or so.

The bigger issue for both units seems to be internet and power outages. Those instances will cause the Access to be offline for hours before reconnecting.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2018, 08:19:12 AM »
I'm on the troubleshooting page this AM, and the signal #'s are bouncing all over the place with each refresh... This is not normal.
I am moving the access around and have it currently on it's side to get the signal with the top aimed at the stations.  I now have all "4s" so maybe all the water on the trees is causing reflections. We've had a drenching and everything is soaked.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:22:18 AM by DoctorKnow »

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
I had a drop on the CT station this morning for 2+ hours. I received an e-mail from MyAcurite alerting me. I unplugged the ethernet cable, waited and plugged in. Green light started blinking again. Now, here's the strange part. No data gaps on WU at all. I'll usually see a gap in data for the period the Access drops offline.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2018, 10:00:16 AM »
Received a replacement Access this week...has the same issue with randomly losing connection to all of the sensors despite a strong signal.

Support told me to "hold tight and wait for a solution from the developer."

I do not want to jinx things but for the first time since I first ordered the Access, I believe since March, my Access (second one) has not dropped a connection for over three days.

I have not done anything different so perhaps something is going on behind the scenes?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I do not want to jinx things but for the first time since I first ordered the Access, I believe since March, my Access (second one) has not dropped a connection for over three days.

I have not done anything different so perhaps something is going on behind the scenes?

I haven't seen any revision changes, but that doesn't mean they might not have slipped something in to help matters.

They are, for example, able to change some parameters in the Access by sending them along with the response codes. 

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2018, 12:43:57 PM »
I did hear back from AcuRite and they stated they: "did issue an update to MyAcuRite.com a week ago today."

So far, whatever they did seems to be working, at least for me.

I haven't seen any revision changes, but that doesn't mean they might not have slipped something in to help matters.

They are, for example, able to change some parameters in the Access by sending them along with the response codes.
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
Mine have both been fairly solid. Fingers crossed!

Although, I've had two instances where I'll get a notification form myacurite stating my VT station has been offline for two hours. A check of WU shows it's been chugging along just fine. So not sure what's going on there.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Jim Ace

• Hewlett Point Beach
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
I installed the Access the other day and last night, set it up on MyAcurite. After removing the old SmartHub from the account, all seemed well. But the Access wasn't uploading data. I unplugged the unit...then remembered the battery backup. So I unplugged the Ethernet, waited, replugged and all seemed well. I noticed my upload times weren't as instantaneous as with the SmartHub, but all the data was showing on WU. I believe someone here mentioned it doesn't send data as frequently, but it send all the data it's captured.

This morning, it seems to have stopped sending data again. I went on to the MyAcurite website and the status is color is yellow and says "Weak". But looking at the signal strength, it says "Strong".

Anyone have any issues with their Access?

The whole world has the same problem. going on for month.  No solutions so far.
KNYEASTR4
Ecowitt WS65
AWEKAS 14894
PWS
WeatherCloud
Windy
Weewx
CumulusMX
CWOP FW3861

Offline pcjunky

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2018, 03:31:29 AM »
Knocks on wood. 

Looks like they finally fixed the connectivity problem.  I had been getting red or yellow status for my sensors probably 90% of the time I would check Myacurite since day one of installing the Access.  The last few days Access has been as reliable as my Smart Hub which I have running side by side.

Offline gdicarlo

« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
Nothing has changed for me. Access still not reporting to myacurite regularly, but reports to WU . When it does report to myacurite, the reporting intervals are random: anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »
My VT Access has been flaky the last few days. It's had some random dropouts, extended drop outs and eventually comes back online. I installed a new router last weekend, so maybe that's the issue. I'll try a full reboot of the router and Access and see if that helps.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »
Things have been quiet on the front here no drop outs that I've noticed the Access is working great! =D>
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Jim Ace

• Hewlett Point Beach
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2018, 08:03:06 AM »
I had a signal drop out last night,  over two hour's it's the first one in a while BTW the old smarthub had no issues.
KNYEASTR4
Ecowitt WS65
AWEKAS 14894
PWS
WeatherCloud
Windy
Weewx
CumulusMX
CWOP FW3861

Offline yankeesdood16

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »
Other than the occasional loss in signal, haven’t had any issues.    When the signal goes just have to reset it(unplug everything from the access and disconnect the batteries- remove cover), let it sit for a few mins then hook it back up and usually good again for a while.     Been good now for a couple weeks.

anything