Author Topic: Access Connection Issues  (Read 30140 times)

Offline Beech33

Re: Access Connection Issues
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2019, 09:24:52 AM »
Hi worachj
I have not had any interruptions from my Atlas/Access. I have two running perfectly. =D>

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Hi worachj
I have not had any interruptions from my Atlas/Access. I have two running perfectly. =D>
Thanks! Not always easy to determine since the Access has the battery backup. I went into my modem’s event log and it looks like it was my internet being down that cause my problem.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »
No issues here, It amazes me the people that have problems, we have two Access's running and never a issue they just keep going.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
It was my lost internet connection that cause my missing data. I also looked at other stations in my area on WU and saw the same missing data gap as mine. So, Comcast internet was down in my area.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
MyAcuRite.com report that both my SmartHub and Access lost communication last night approximately between 12:15 AM & 3:25 AM CST. Not sure of the reason, but it could have been because my internet was down or there was an AcuRite server problem. It would be an AcuRite problem if other people lost communication too. So….

Anyone else lose communication last night?

I received a text from Acurite on Monday 3:51am (EST) that "No signal received from 5-in-1 Weather Station in more than 2 hours. Check batteries and verify range and placement."

That looks like it might coincide with your outage. I'm in Mass.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
I'm getting a random less than two hour drop on my CT station now and again. I can't figure out why.

Fingers crossed, I haven't had any issues with the unit disconnecting for long periods of time. I'm hoping the new firmware update took care of that.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #231 on: April 08, 2019, 10:45:43 AM »
The VT Access has been on the fritz for a little over a day now. Not sure what the cause is. Usually, a drop off will correct itself, but this one remains sporadic. Overall, it's been fairly stead for quite some time. Will keep an eye on it and hope things shake out on their own.

Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #232 on: April 08, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »
I hope Acurite is working to give us more options on the Access... Especially after the smarthub being bricked.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
It's back online again. Seems to be fine now. I'll certainly keep watching it for any future drop offs.

I never figured out what caused these random drops. Perhaps there was a power blip there.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline HamDxer

« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2019, 11:22:00 PM »
Just found a problem with the access connect. The Cat5 cable sent with it is not Cat5 pinout. Its a straight wired. You need a Cat5 with the correct pairs of wires on the right pins. IE 1 and 2 are xmit and 3 and 6 are rec.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2019, 11:29:14 PM »
Just found a problem with the access connect. The Cat5 cable sent with it is not Cat5 pinout. Its a straight wired. You need a Cat5 with the correct pairs of wires on the right pins. IE 1 and 2 are xmit and 3 and 6 are rec.

It should be straight.

https://community.fs.com/blog/patch-cable-vs-crossover-cable.html

However, sometimes you need a crossover if the run in your house is not terminated correctly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:32:13 PM by nincehelser »

Offline HamDxer

« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2019, 11:43:31 PM »
The router has its xmit on pins 1 and 2 that pair of wires should go to the other end to 1 and 2. The router has recive on 3 and 6 that pair of wires should fo to 3 and 6 of the other end. Its not a crossover I'm just saying the twisted pair of wires have to be on these pins or your trying to push a signal down split pairs of wire which don't work so well.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
I can't see your cable and I'm a little confused by your post. In any case I just checked the patch cable that came with my Access and it's a correctly wired Cat5 patch cable.

Here is how it should be wired:

If yours is different, perhaps you got a bad cable.

Offline HamDxer

« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »
Yes that wiring you showed is correct. Mine wasn't new cable worked great, Thanks.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
? I'm lost...

Offline giveme5

« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2019, 02:15:41 PM »
? I'm lost...

On 10/100 ethernet you need dedicated transmit (TX) and receive (RX) pins, so that TX would always go to RX. For that reason devices which were to connect to network would have MDI (medium dependent interface) while network device like hubs, switches would have reversed TX/RX layout or MDI-X. If you wanted to connect two PCs directly (MDI to MDI), you would need crossover cable.

On gigabit ethernet and above, there are no dedicated TX/RX pins, all data can be transmitted and received simultaneously (auto MDI-X).
If you have gigabit ports on switch or router, even when if you plug in a 10/100 device like Access, gigabit ports would automatically adjust, no matter what cable is used (straight or crossover).

Sometimes though, it won't work as intended and you have to be mindful of which cable is used (very rare these days).

anything