Author Topic: Weather34 template display issues  (Read 1492 times)

Offline KtotheM

Weather34 template display issues
« on: September 24, 2019, 11:48:13 AM »
Hello all!

I finally got around to getting Weather34 set up with my WeeWX install.  I am having some display issues in all browsers and was hoping someone could shed some light on it. 

The temperature block information is all crammed on top of it self.  I've checked it with Chrome, IE, Edge, and Firefox and they all look the same.  Also, I set the correct time zone and offset, but the time is an hour off.  WeWX's time is correct.  The Davis Console Forecast is also blank. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Re: Weather34 template display issues
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:26:06 PM »
i would contact Ian the developer of this version , looking closer you have a few missing variables .

his website https://claydonsweather.org.uk/pws/

or use the issues feature at https://github.com/steepleian/WX-HWS 

Offline balloon101

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
Hi,
Also if you could post your web server error log and when using Chrome use the Inspect functionality and copy what the console log shows
 when you display the template and post that it would be a great help.
Thanks Jerry

Offline KtotheM

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
Thank you for the information and posting tips.  I think I am going to download and reinstall first to see if that helps.  I'm not a Linux pro by any means.

Thank you!

Kelly

Offline steepleian

• The Claydons Community Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 05:16:58 PM »
Thank you for the information and posting tips.  I think I am going to download and reinstall first to see if that helps.  I'm not a Linux pro by any means.

Thank you!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I am currently on vacation in France with an intermittent and weak internet connection. I will have a look at your issues when I return home next week. Thank you for your patience.

Ian

Offline tongboy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »
I seem to have the same issue too with the temperature part and text overlapping within it.  If you are able to find a solution please share.

The template is gorgeous and I am looking forward to using it!

Offline tongboy

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
I found out what happened to cause this type of defect.  I didn't follow the directions close enough and missed the section of the INSTALLATION_GUIDE.md that says to add the lines to the StdReport section of weewx.conf.  Hopefully this helps anyone else that runs across the same thing.

Offline steepleian

• The Claydons Community Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 06:01:45 PM »
I found out what happened to cause this type of defect.  I didn't follow the directions close enough and missed the section of the INSTALLATION_GUIDE.md that says to add the lines to the StdReport section of weewx.conf.  Hopefully this helps anyone else that runs across the same thing.

I am pleased that you have resolved your issue as since returning I have been trying to reproduce the problem with a clean install on my test server, without success.

Ian