Author Topic: WD Templates  (Read 6519 times)

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
WD Templates
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
I am trying out WD with the new template set.  There are a couple of things I can't get.  First, I'm not sure where the history comes from.  Second, what do I need to change to get the monthtodate.gif graph to be created and upload.  And third, my wxstatus page isn't updating.

http://www.jayswoodfurniture.com/wd/wxindex.php

Thanks,

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: WD Templates
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
Looks like monthtodate.gif is working now.

The wxstatus page is "working" it just cant find your clientraw files.   What files/path is it looking for?  Your site appears to be up to date from a real time clientraw perspective.  But the files the status page has found are dated yesterday morning.   Your testtags.php has not been uploaded since 11:10am yesterday, which matches your status page.

What kind of history are wondering where it is?

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »
Andrew,

Well it seems that the monthtodate.gif and the station monthly reports have updated.  My guess is that they must update at midnight.  The status page is still wrong.  I will need to look at that page to see about paths.  Thanks for looking in.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
No problem.
Ya few things are midnight creation, might even be a few 6am ones.

Its a little steep at first, especially after using vws for years.  But once you click all the right switches and ask a bunch of questions, it just works.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Jay,
Just remembered, since you are in beta mode for WD tempaltes, ......since you are not running the templates in the root, perhaps its looking there for testtags and clientraw, I think flipping the path in the status php to /wd/ or variation of that will fix it.

Andrew

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »
Can't seem to get the wxstatus page to update.  Maybe Ken could take a look.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »
Can't seem to get the wxstatus page to update.  Maybe Ken could take a look.

Jay
Jay,

I'm no expert on Ken's revised 2 package scripts, as I've been using the old US WD version for over a year; however I do have them downloaded and noticed the wxstatus.php it's looking for the $SITE['clientrawfile'] for WD.  What do you have this configured in your "Settings-weather.php" file (on line 38)?

Code: [Select]
$SITE['clientrawfile']  = 'clientraw.txt';  // directory and name of Weather-Display realtime.txt file
As you mentioned your not running these templates in the root of your WEB Server, so the path needs to specific to where your clientraw.txt file is located so the script can see it's date/timestamp.

For FTP you might need to define "WXtags" on the next line to where your texttags.php file is located.

BTW- You can always force a file to be created in WD (Control panel > Internet File Creation & Uploads > Press "Set" on item > "Create this file now" then "Upload this file now")
          monthtodate.gif = (Setup Page #2) File #32
          moondetail1.gif & moondetail2.gif = (Setup Page #2) File #31
Jerry-
http://www.lakemaryweather.com
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Davis 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro2 / 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy
Weatherlink * VirtualIP * StartWatch * Windows Display * Windows Display Live

I also host my own CentOS (Linux) Apache WEB Server

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
It doesn't seem to be a script problem.  I have done some investigating.  In WD Control Panel->Internet File creation and uploads there is an override switch.  If left on I get the clientraw.txt to update the AJAX but the testtags.php doesn't update.  If I turn the override switch off the testtags.php updates every 5 minutes as it is supposed to, but the clientraw.txt doesn't.  I have no files selected on the  and no lights on on any of the tabs of the Internet File creation and Uploads.  Not sure where to go from here.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 01:21:52 PM »
It doesn't seem to be a script problem.  I have done some investigating.  In WD Control Panel->Internet File creation and uploads there is an override switch.  If left on I get the clientraw.txt to update the AJAX but the testtags.php doesn't update.  If I turn the override switch off the testtags.php updates every 5 minutes as it is supposed to, but the clientraw.txt doesn't.  I have no files selected on the  and no lights on on any of the tabs of the Internet File creation and Uploads.  Not sure where to go from here.

Jay

Set "Control Panel->Internet File creation" Override and MAIN to "ON".  Then set up File #29 to ON with "testtags.txt" as Local file name and "testtags.php" as Remote file name (I have Update every minute checked).  I also update clientraw.txt every 3 seconds; however that's set elsewhere in Control Panel.
Jerry-
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
Jerry,

That seems to have solved the issue.  Thanks for the help.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »
Seems the learning curve of WD is much greater than VWS.  Going to have to work more with this.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
Seems the learning curve of WD is much greater than VWS.  Going to have to work more with this.

Jay
Very True......  WD is very frustrating to configure.  I was in the same boat as you a year and 1/2 ago when I was just running VWS.  Then I added VirtualVP (for DavisVP only) and added WD because I wanted WDL.  Then I added PHP pages and fully converted to them lat Jan.  I have to say it's well worth it (sometimes).  I found a ton of help on WD at http://www.weather-watch.com/smf .  The folks on this and that Forum are very helpful.  Glad I was able to solve your issue....
Jerry-
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
WD can be a nightmare. I still have trouble with it and trying to explain to someone what to do is even worse.

I can say this here on this forum (MAYBE no one will get pissed) but Brian needs to take a break, quit adding features, and fix his interface. It's got to be the WORSE I've ever seen. I know he tries to be accommodating but please. IT looks like someone took a bunch of code and threw it at the wall, where ever it stuck is where it went.

I love all the things it does, but trying to figure that out takes years.

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
I agree with you.

Brian is SO accommodating with everyones requests. That's probably the reason it sometimes
looks like a hodge podge. It's a fantastic program though, dont get me wrong.
I can't imagine the hours he actually puts into it.
Tony

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »
I agree but... like I said, he needs to take a break, consolidate and re-organize to make things easier to use.

I've got another problem with WD now. Since the last several versions, when it first loads, it won't connect to the console (through VVP). Never had a problem before. Now I have to unload it and reload, sometimes twice, before it starts working.