Author Topic: ajaxWDwx.js question  (Read 2831 times)

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
ajaxWDwx.js question
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Something happened with my server the other day and some of my files were wiped out so I've been redoing my webpage, moreheadcityweather.com .  Everything seems ok except on the ajax dashboard, the refresh button has disappeared and I'm unable to switch between metric and imperial. The metric button is there but can't be clicked. I suspect this has something to do with the ajaxWDwx.js file. I uploaded version 9.13, Im using the AltAjaxDashboard 6 version. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: ajaxWDwx.js question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
Something happened with my server the other day and some of my files were wiped out so I've been redoing my webpage, moreheadcityweather.com .  Everything seems ok except on the ajax dashboard, the refresh button has disappeared and I'm unable to switch between metric and imperial. The metric button is there but can't be clicked. I suspect this has something to do with the ajaxWDwx.js file. I uploaded version 9.13, Im using the AltAjaxDashboard 6 version. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

If using version 6.xx of my alt-dashboard you need to use the version of ajaxWDwx.js that came with the archive.  It's version 3.04 I believe. (The numbering is based on who did the mod to the java script, my mods are all in the 3.xx, Raineer is in the 9.xx and Ken is in the 2.xx range).  I made several additions and changes to work with my dashboards.

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
Thats probably it because I was getting one of those lang errors showing up in ajax-gizmo.php. I have things working ok again I think. Thanks.

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »
There are two functions at the very bottom of the dashboard script that handle that, and are normally commented out. To remove the error simply uncomment the two functions. However, if you have installed Ken's new template set those functions are now included there, so you will not have to uncomment Scott's. A given function can only be defined once, so only one of the above steps is necessary.
John
W7JKG