Author Topic: Anemometer mount?  (Read 954 times)

Greg_M

Anemometer mount?
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »
I wrote to Davis with this question but never heard back.

I am on the verge of buying a Davis 6152C and I have a question about the anemometer mounting. In the pictures it looks like it is all mounted on the same white pole mount unit, but I would like to mount the anemometer on the top of the pole and the rain collector (etc) down the pole aways. I'm thinking about wind loading and accessibility
Do they sell a separate mount for the anemometer that would allow you to do what I want? Or do I have to make something?

Seems odd they have a 40' cable between the anemometer and rain gauge but have it mounted within a couple feet.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Anemometer mount?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
Anemometer mounts using the same size clamps as the ISS.  Best mount would be 6 feet AGL for the ISS and then a further 24 fett (using some of that 40 feet of cable) for the anny.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
Seems odd they have a 40' cable between the anemometer and rain gauge but have it mounted within a couple feet.
It's just so they don't end up with very tall thin pictures on their web site ;)
Mark

Greg_M

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »
It's just so they don't end up with very tall thin pictures on their web site ;)

So you actually do mount the anemometer up the pole?
It looks like it is all one unit from the photo.

Thanks

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
They are separate units, they just slide them together for the photos. Here's a picture of mine...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:01:42 PM by mcrossley »
Mark

Greg_M

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »
They are separate units, they just slide them together for the photos. Here's a picture of mine...

Hey, thanks for that.
That clears it up

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 04:24:31 PM »
They are separate units, they just slide them together for the photos.

...or, of course, they can be mounted together as one single unit. 

anything