Author Topic: Questions, Discussions and Experiences with your Ambient Weather WS-1000-WIFI  (Read 35760 times)

Offline btcompute

• KNHNORTH15
Re: Questions, Discussions and Experiences with your Ambient Weather WS-1000-WIFI
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
I'll add a comment or two if you don't mind.
Generally I like station.
I like the automatic upload of data to WU.
I like the display unit, although I find it a bit congested; just my opinion.
I do see one design flaw that will affect people in cold climates: Snow clogs the anemometer.
You may have seen a separate post I started recently about this.
It only takes 2 or 3 inches of snow to block the movement of the cups.
This can be a hassle if you mount the unit above your roof, or some other "not easily accessible in winter" location.
The wind gust numbers could be a little more precise than the +/- 1.25mph that you get now, but I can live with that.
Just my thoughts...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:15:58 PM by btcompute »

Offline JohnN

• Forecaster
    • Monmouth County Weather
Re: Questions, Discussions and Experiences with your Ambient Weather WS-1000-WIFI
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »
I've noticed that about the anemometer also. Seems like a very major design flaw to me. A few inches of snow shouldn't be enough to render any part of a weather station useless (except the rain gauge, since not every station has a heater).
www.monmouthcountyweather.comUK Met Office: 45560463
Twitter: @John_N_WxCoCoRaHS: NJ-MN-64
CWOP: E1682Davis Vantage Vue, Pro2Plus w/24 hr FARS, Ambient Weather WS-1000
PWS/WFY: SOUTHARDNJCumulusMX
Wunderground: KNJHOWEL11
                       KNJHOWEL15
LiveATC: KWRI/KNEL/New York Center
             KMJX/KBLM/3N6/N12

Offline stuff2447

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
It's an ENERCELL brand. Not sure of the model no.  They carry them at Radio Shack.  Make sure you get the 5v version with 1amp or greater. It comes with a free tip, so bring in your console and they will pick out the correct tip for you. When you install it, set it for positive polarity.
Scott Tuff
Hollywood, FL

Offline GTXJackBauer

It's an ENERCELL brand. Not sure of the model no.  They carry them at Radio Shack.  Make sure you get the 5v version with 1amp or greater. It comes with a free tip, so bring in your console and they will pick out the correct tip for you. When you install it, set it for positive polarity.

So basically anything that is 5v 1A or even 2A is ok? 

I know the tip looks really small but not sure which one. 

Also, what do you mean by positive polarity?  It isn't just plug and play? 

I just went looking around and can't seem to find anything online.  Will try looking but the model number would surely help if possible.  Should say it on the adapter itself if anything.

-Thanks

Offline stuff2447

The version I have is a 5v/3.6A.  It's a universal adapter, so you have to select the tip.  You should bring your console in so they can match the tip so that it will fit your console.   When you install the tip, you can install it for either positive or negative polarity. Your console requires positive polarity, so make sure you install it according to the included instructions, so that it is positive polarity.  It's an ENERCELL 2730437 AC-to-DC Travel Charger. Hope this helps.
Scott Tuff
Hollywood, FL

Offline GTXJackBauer

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
After many tips (lol), I finally found the right size.  Unfortunately, Radio Shack is closing for good and or has already closed for good in my area AFAIK, I found the right tip via online.  It's working great as we speak. 

Thanks again.