Author Topic: Rude  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Favweather

Rude
« on: April 25, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »
We have removed support for AWEKAS. We no longer send our weather data from our station to their website due to them being rude on several occasions about our weather station telling us the data is not accurate. So dont waste you time joining

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Rude
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
same here, done earlier.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »
Just curious.... why exactly did they tell you it was inaccurate? Or rather, what made them think it was inaccurate? Was it because there are some inaccurate stations nearby?

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
I have been sending to AWEKAS for nearly 6 years and the only communication I have had was what seems like an automated email reminder whenever my station was not providing data.  This is usually due to computer temporarily down.
Dear AWEKAS member

Your station Komoka, ON has not sent any data to AWEKAS Weather Network since 16.04.2016 13:50local time.
Please check if there is a problem with the transmission, software or your weather station.

You can confirm the interruption with this link:
http://www.awekas.at/en/infoconfirm.php?id=6890&sel=PyFNjb7RfZ
otherwise you will be informed in 24 hours if the problem is not solved.

The complete information function can be disabled on your AWEKASS user profile.
http://www.awekas.at/en/benutzer.php
This is an automatically generated notification from AWEKAS Weather Network. Please do not answer to this mail.

Best Regards
AWEKAS Weather Network - www.awekas.at

trackid:6890 - Komoka, ON - 16.04.2016 15:50:01

Not had any rude experience at all.

Paul

Offline Favweather

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:54:34 PM »
Told us that the Temperature was wrong.Not the same as the stations a round us one of which is 25 miles away. When asked what can we do sent this back

How would you know you know you had no problems though? Just because I
checked when you joined AWEKAS
I'm an Admin in the UK and actively check all stations and also use lots of other data
sources.
I've just Googled you weather station and see its exactly the same as weather
stations under different brand names and is just a gimmick.

Advice. Get interested in weather and upgrade to a real Weather Station ASAP!
Regards,
Steve - Associate Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »
Told us that the Temperature was wrong.Not the same as the stations a round us one of which is 25 miles away. When asked what can we do sent this back

How would you know you know you had no problems though? Just because I
checked when you joined AWEKAS
I'm an Admin in the UK and actively check all stations and also use lots of other data
sources.
I've just Googled you weather station and see its exactly the same as weather
stations under different brand names and is just a gimmick.

Advice. Get interested in weather and upgrade to a real Weather Station ASAP!
Regards,
Steve - Associate Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society.

I agree with some of the other responses to your post - other than a couple notices that my system was not sending them data (and that was true), I have had no issues whatsoever with AWEKAS for many years. If I were you, I would have immediately sent the email you received to someone in management at AWEKAS. With employees like that, they will lose supporters very quickly.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 05:26:56 AM »
Well... what can I say other than Steve is an idiot :D

Online Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 05:35:32 AM »
I too have only received messages when there is a problem with my data being sent (my computer off-line).  I appreciate it when I am notified of that.

I agree that message quoted was rude, I also agree that I would forward the message to management so they are aware of the customer service their employees are dispensing.

CW3699

Offline Cptslow91

• Weather-Shack
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »
The gentleman in question at Awekas, has quite a history with myself as a rude and arrogant.

Here is his comments to me in reply to a deactivation request:
"Oh this is a good one, you as a Manager of a Multi Million Pound Business, cannot find 5 mins to calibrate your Barometer? How about I hop on my motorbike and correct it for you? Tell me your company name as I desperately want to avoid investing in you! Multi Million Pounds and sending from a googlemail email - you have you laugh!"

I did not respond to his remarks but I answer the critics as follows:

-- I used a Googlemail Email at that time for the Emails for the Website - its free and keep its clear of my work inbox
-- I am a Manager for a Multi Million Pound Business but I don't own it, I just work for someone who does
-- I did not bother to recalibrate my Barometer as the Station was already disassembled at this point, ready for the garage

My advice, I wouldn't bother with the Awekas Network, hardly anyone knows about it or uses it enough to be worth your time!

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 03:44:26 PM »
Well... what can I say other than Steve is an idiot :D

+1

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »
Yep had the same experience with them. Several times told data was bad or wrong. When checking to see if it was it was just some one jumping the gun. One thing they didn't know I had WD send me an email twice a day. Oops guess we are wrong when I sent them copies of the time period in question. Now they get no data from me as station in Saman is off line. There loss not mine.

John

anything