Author Topic: Calibration settings in WeatherLink not responsive  (Read 1159 times)

Offline gfmucci

• Senior Contributor
Calibration settings in WeatherLink not responsive
« on: January 09, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »
I cannot change calibration setting in my WeatherLink (Setup:Set Temperature & Humidity Calibration:Outside Humidity) to what it was before I changed it to test my failed humidity module on m ISS.  Actually, none of the calibration measures are responsive.

The problem is when I change the outside humidity to what it should be (or try to change any calibration), I get a message that reads: "We did not receive an acknowledge to our last command.  Please try again."

The console is communicating with the WeatherLink program and I cleared the console memory.  How can I reset my humidity calibration and not get that error message?

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Calibration settings in WeatherLink not responsive
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »
I cannot change calibration setting in my WeatherLink (Setup:Set Temperature & Humidity Calibration:Outside Humidity) to what it was before I changed it to test my failed humidity module on m ISS.  Actually, none of the calibration measures are responsive.

The problem is when I change the outside humidity to what it should be (or try to change any calibration), I get a message that reads: "We did not receive an acknowledge to our last command.  Please try again."

The console is communicating with the WeatherLink program and I cleared the console memory.  How can I reset my humidity calibration and not get that error message?
You may try removing then re-installing WL. I had to do it once long ago, don't remember why.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »
Before you reinstall, create a new station. 
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline gfmucci

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:08 PM »
I think I figured out part of the problem. 

WeatherLink is operating off of VirtualVP.  Calibrated setting changes don't work in TCP/IP mode.  When I disconnected WeatherLink from VVP and connected directly to the console in Serial Com Port mode, I could again adjust the calibrations.

The strange thing is when I change calibration to something other than "raw" in Serial mode, and then change back to TCP/IP mode through VPP, the calibration would pop back to a reading higher than it was before.  Example: the setting was 100%; it change to 105%.  That obviously does not compute.

But when I keep the calibration the same as the raw setting, it reads ok. 

The problem is the outdoor humidity reading is 4% points below the surrounding stations within a half mile which all read 95%.  Hmmm.

Do you still think I need to create a new station?  Would it still continue with the same data logger data or will that be lost?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:36:25 PM by gfmucci »

anything