Author Topic: Help with WLrealtime  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Help with WLrealtime
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:19:19 AM »
Hi guys,
I would like to make WL compatible with my template. I tried searching on the web, but I was not able to find much information and documentation about how this program actually works.
So far I have a copy of one example of the wlrealtime.txt. I looked at its structure, but I would need assistance from someone who has this SW. For example, I would like to know what are the possible units for pressure, temps etc. (to make sure that I take into account all possible scenarios in the script). I then would also like to know if you can set which parameters are included, for example I was not able to find the wind gust and daily cumulative precipitation and I am not sure how these are calculated or reported.
And possibly if for example there are any other files that you can set to upload etc.
I do not have a Davis station so I dont have access, but if anyone was willing to help me with this, please let me know either here or by email.

Thanks

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: Help with WLrealtime
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 06:27:16 AM »
Hi guys,
I would like to make WL compatible with my template. I tried searching on the web, but I was not able to find much information and documentation about how this program actually works.
So far I have a copy of one example of the wlrealtime.txt. I looked at its structure, but I would need assistance from someone who has this SW. For example, I would like to know what are the possible units for pressure, temps etc. (to make sure that I take into account all possible scenarios in the script). I then would also like to know if you can set which parameters are included, for example I was not able to find the wind gust and daily cumulative precipitation and I am not sure how these are calculated or reported.
And possibly if for example there are any other files that you can set to upload etc.
I do not have a Davis station so I dont have access, but if anyone was willing to help me with this, please let me know either here or by email.

Thanks
I can supply you with the tags for the 12 weatherprograms as supported in the Leuven-Template.
So if you have a "general" list of the data you want, please post/mail it.

I attached the unit selection dialog of WL.

For WL this is the list with all available tags:
http://wx3660.dk/vejrprogrammer/weatherlink/weatherLink_html_tags.htm

Wim

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 06:36:43 AM »
Hi Wim,

thank you very much! This is absolutely sufficient in terms of the units. Now if you could supply the tags that would be ideal, my email is jachymcz@gmail.com. I was trying to figure this out by looking at Kens script for updating WL, but the problem I had was that I was not able to find gust and also daily cumulative precipitation, but I might have just missed it. My last question would then be if the date/time format are fixed and if not, what can they be and if the decimal is always given by "." or if it can be "," depending on local settings.

Thanks again

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
Hi Wim,

thank you very much! This is absolutely sufficient in terms of the units. Now if you could supply the tags that would be ideal, my email is jachymcz@gmail.com. I was trying to figure this out by looking at Kens script for updating WL, but the problem I had was that I was not able to find gust and also daily cumulative precipitation, but I might have just missed it. My last question would then be if the date/time format are fixed and if not, what can they be and if the decimal is always given by "." or if it can be "," depending on local settings.

Thanks again
Tags:
What tags do you need? Do you have an "ideal" list of tags you want? This is the list I use for WL.
http://weather-template.nl/weather27/scriptsWL/tags.wl.htx

Dates:
There is no tag in WL (as in many other programs) to specify the date format or to know what date format is used.
I made a list in the settings file for dates with
- as separator : '-' or '/' or ' '
- year with or without century   dd/mm/yy dd/mm/yyyy
- the sequence  d-m-y    m-d-y
And when that is not suffcient one can specify the separator and the first, second and third part of the date.
Code: [Select]
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# IMPORTANT     How are the date/time fields formatted for your weather program.
#               Important for WVIEW  VWS  Weatherlink
#
# set a comment mark for all lines which are not correct
#
#$my_date_format = 'mm-dd-yyyy';  #    03-15-2015   march the 15th, 2015
#$my_date_format = 'mm-dd-yy';    #    03-15-15     march the 15th, 2015 without the century 20
#$my_date_format = 'mm/dd/yyyy';  #    03/15/2015   march the 15th, 2015
#$my_date_format = 'mm/dd/yy';    #    03/15-15     march the 15th, 2015 without the century 20

#$my_date_format = 'dd/mm/yyyy';  #    15/03/15     15th of march 2015
$my_date_format = 'dd/mm/yy';    #    15/03/15     15th of march 2015 without the century 20
#$my_date_format = 'dd-mm-yyyy';  #    15-03-2015   15th march 2015
#$my_date_format = 'dd-mm-yy';    #    15-03-15     15th march 2015 without the century 20
#
#$my_date_format = 'other';      # set this one uncommented if none of the others is correct
#
#       if you selected 'other' What character is used between the three date fields
#       $my_char_sep    = '/';  # example  12/25/2015
#       $my_char_sep   = '-';   # example  01-12-2014
#       $my_char_sep   = ' ';   # example  20 3 2015 
#
#       Now we set the position of the day month and year in the date fields
#       example 2015-03-15  the year is first (1) part the month is second (2) part the day is the third (3) part;
#       $my_day         = 1  ;
#       $my_month       = 2  ;
#       $my_year        = 3  ;

Times are releative easy, as they only differ in having am/pm  or not.

Decimal Here I have no idea. I did not encounter a "decimal point=comma" with WeatherLink.
WeatherCat and Cumulus do support that, so I do a "check and replace" if there are comma's in the fields.

Wim

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:02:42 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »
Thanks a lot Wim, this is very helpful.

With regards to the info I need, my database uses the following:

- temperature
- humidity
- pressure
- avg wind speed (or just wind speed)
- wind gust (ideally last min max)
- wind bearing
- rain rate
- daily cumulative precipitation
- solar radiation (W/m2)

It then automatically calculates also the dewpoint and apparent temperature.