Author Topic: Station no longer showing on WunderMap  (Read 5483 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Station no longer showing on WunderMap
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 04:42:13 PM »
My station also stopped showing up a few weeks ago. I still retain a Gold Star and nothing has changed on my end and I know from analysis of my CWOP, MADIS and AWEKAS reporting that my data is good. So it can only mean one thing...The WU Wundermap is broken. Your station not showing up is just a database problem or a capacity performance problem with WU servers. If I look at the old Wundermap my station does show up. That is proof enough that there is nothing you can do but wait for them to fix it and that the problem is not on your end.

Old Wundermap Link:
https://www.wunderground.com/fullscreenweather
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »
My station also stopped showing up a few weeks ago. I still retain a Gold Star and nothing has changed on my end and I know from analysis of my CWOP, MADIS and AWEKAS reporting that my data is good. So it can only mean one thing...The WU Wundermap is broken. Your station not showing up is just a database problem or a capacity performance problem with WU servers. If I look at the old Wundermap my station does show up. That is proof enough that there is nothing you can do but wait for them to fix it and that the problem is not on your end.

Old Wundermap Link:

Same here. :-x

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 01:57:21 PM »
It most likely on WU's end. I have given up worrying about gold stars and Wundermap. WU seems to be completely oblivious to all the issues we are all having. Someone from WU had posted that they had tightened their QC and this may be the issue or not. I also report to Ambient Weather and that also sends to PWS. As long as I can see my data at Ambient I am okay. Ambient also has Android and IPhone apps as well.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 05:43:37 AM »

Old Wundermap Link:

Same here.  Only 2 Stillwater area stations show up on the current Wundermap, compared with 11 for the old one.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 06:30:22 AM »
From reading the large WU thread someone figured out that the only stations that disappeared from the map are those that use Rapid Fire. Unfortunately many weather stations don't have the capability to change their upload interval to slow it down. But even if you could slow your upload then your WU dashboard is no longer as "Live" without Rapid Fire.

WU needs to fix this. The Wundermap also acts weird by double loading (it flashes and reloads).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 06:32:12 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Kamakzie

Offline Kamakzie

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 08:10:54 PM »
From reading the large WU thread someone figured out that the only stations that disappeared from the map are those that use Rapid Fire. Unfortunately many weather stations don't have the capability to change their upload interval to slow it down. But even if you could slow your upload then your WU dashboard is no longer as "Live" without Rapid Fire.

WU needs to fix this. The Wundermap also acts weird by double loading (it flashes and reloads).

That corrected my issue. Thank you.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »

I've been having this problem since installing an Acurite Access which uploads to WU via Rapid Fire. Only difference with me is that showing up on the WU map occurs intermittently. Sometimes I'm on the map but often I'm not. This never happened before I started using the Access.

Offline editorizer

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 05:15:21 AM »
After reading all the complaints coming from owners of the Acurite Access equipment, are you positive your equipment is sending consistent data? Users are complaining that ACCESS loses internet connection and sensor connection. Just a thought.

I've been having this problem since installing an Acurite Access which uploads to WU via Rapid Fire. Only difference with me is that showing up on the WU map occurs intermittently. Sometimes I'm on the map but often I'm not. This never happened before I started using the Access.

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
Your station occasionally fails QC, at this point it is removed from the map.  We will work on tools shortly to let you know when your station is failing and why, these features will be shown after we refresh the dashboard page.

When can we expect a refresh of the dashboard page?