Author Topic: WS-2813U-IT Problem  (Read 2840 times)

Offline PugetSoundStormWatch

• Your Western Washington Weather Enthusiast!
    • PSSW Facebook Page
WS-2813U-IT Problem
« on: September 15, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »
Hello, I have a complete 2813U-IT WX Station, it has recently stopped reading measurements from all my sensors. I believe that the 1-19-12 Ice Storm in Seattle messed something up with the Wind and Rain Sensors.

I have done at least three re-syncs with all the sensors, and even replaced the entire set once. When the Thermometer went out, it still showed the Barometer, within the last month it stopped reading that. Yesterday I took all the sensors down, im going to replace the batteries (still shows battery warnings on the receiver), then do the re-sync.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?
-Stations: LaCrosse C84612, Ambient Weather Caddie
-Software: HeavyWeather WS-2800

-PSSW on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Puget-Sound-Storm-Watch/335687419886238?ref=hl
-YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MiltonWATech99

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WS-2813U-IT Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Hello, if your barometer quit working also I would believe the console/display to be faulty since the barometer is located inside this, not out in one of the outdoor sensors. If this is the case then the console may not even look for the outdoor sensors. If you do get barometer readings then try (with fresh Alkaline (1.5v or higher) batteries),
(forget the wind and rain gauges for now)

1. Remove the batteries and leave removed from the console/display.
2. Have the thermo/hygro sensor nearby and remove then reinsert its batteries.
3  Wait 2 or 3 minutes after doing step 2 then reinsert the console/display batteries.
After a few minutes the outside temperature and humidity should appear if the console/display
is still communicating with the outdoor sensor (it only 'talks' with the thermo/hygro sensor).

This tests the heart of the whole system, that is, without the console/display to thermo/hygro link established
you won't get the rain or wind sensors to read either.

If it does seem to work like this then just be sure the rain gauge has good Alkaline batteries and press the reset on the wind sensor (if it isn't reading on the console already) and go through the 3 steps again to be back in operation.

Hope this helps and good luck. ;)

anything