Author Topic: Phantom Extra Sensor  (Read 622 times)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Phantom Extra Sensor
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
Has anyone ever seen a phantom extra sensor show up in the software you use to view data from a Davis.
For 4 days there was an extra sensor showing up on the new wi-fi logger page and also Chris's Weather Element. I asked Wojtek about the logger and he said he's 99% sure it's not a logger issue as it only displays what the console sends it.
Be that as it may there it was for 4 days. Always at 73 degrees. Then it just disappeared.
I will say about the time the extra sensor showed up I had taken the outside unit apart for a cleaning. Have done that several times but this never happened.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Phantom Extra Sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »
I haven't noticed it.  Where would I look?  Then also this post this morning http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34864.msg355533#msg355533
Paul

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »
Greetings, is there some one in the neighborhood with a Davis? My battery went dead once and my I started to pick up a neighbor who also set their station to No. 1
They did not have the UV and Solar sensors so I lost that data until I replaced the battery and switched to station No. 2. It wasn't until mine shut down that I picked up the otter station.  Just a thought...

Randall

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 02:44:12 PM »
A console should not pick up a supplementary transmitter unless that channel is set to ON in the console's channel settings.

So the first check is to make 100% sure that ALL channels are set to OFF except, obviously, for the ones that you're expecting to receive - typically just the ISS on #1 (but you may have extra transmitters in your set-up). This wouldn't account for why an extra transmitter showed up just for a short time, unless maybe some adjustments were being made to the console at around the same time.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.
Paul, don't send anything to WL.Com so that rules that out.
Randall I'm all alone back here in the woods so another station wouldn't be the culprit.
John, everything is set to off with exception of the temp/hum sensor and the anny transmitter. That's why I thought the Wi-Fi logger might have had something to do with it.
Oh well,  I guess some gremlins were at work here.😊
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll