Author Topic: HomeWeatherStation New User  (Read 1086 times)

Offline dchbrown

HomeWeatherStation New User
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »
Im hoping for some help with my setup please as i have a few questions.

I had posted in the long thread for HomeWeatherStation but decided that my own topic might be a better way forward. I have also attached a screenshot of the current setup so you all know where i am up to.

Questions:
There is a difference between the displayed local time and the time shown for the measurements from my PWS, they seem to be 2 hours in front. I am not sure what is wrong because the TZ is correct on the ObserverIP i am using as well as in the localtime. The unit is also uploading to WU with the correct times attached.

I have noticed a difference in appearance in what i am seeing and some of the sites available online that use this template - Weather34 included. I only have current readings, not min/max values. I think it could be mySQL related because i know i didnt configure that correctly - i dont know how if im honest!

I have noticed that sometimes the barometer display lags behind the temperature and wind, is this because the panel only updates on a change in value?

My site is updating WU every 5 minutes, is that deliberate or have I changed something to reduce it this period?

I would like to say thank you to Weather34 for their template, it was actually something i had setup before i even had a PWS to use with it! I will also say thank you to anyone who can help me with these little questions.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:00:58 PM by dchbrown »

Offline dchbrown

Re: HomeWeatherStation New User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »
An update:
I have been digging around and i believe that the reason i dont have min/max values is weather station related, or rather its something to do with me using ws1001 as the data source for the template.

I am using an Aercus WeatherSleuth, or whichever Fine Offset/Ambient OEM this matches.

What are my options then for gathering the data in a format that gives me more information?

Thanks

Offline dchbrown

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
Further update:

Having worked out that the file that goes into the template determines what is displayed on the template (obviously!) I played around with the options and worked out that to get what i wanted to see on the template i needed a clientraw format.

So some forum reading later i worked out i could use Weather Display to take the data in, and then output it in clientraw format. When i updated the template to use this new file i now have the display i want. Interesting the time issue reported earlier has been fixed so it was obviously something to do with the data format from the ObserverIP.

However...

Having only just installed Weather Display, and literally turned on its output 5 minutes ago how is the template now displaying the correct daily min/max values for the whole of today? Where is this data coming from or was it available in the output from ObserverIP all the time, and Weather Display has now made it available to the template?

If anyone can help me it would be appreciated as while i seem to be on the right path I am getting more confused not less!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:48:30 AM by dchbrown »

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »
I did a Wireshark capture of the data coming out of the OpserverIP and this is what it is sending. Max/Min is not part of the data.

GET /weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=xxxxxx&PASSWORD=xxxxx&tempf=65.5&humidity=98&dewptf=64.9&windchillf=65.5
&winddir=89&windspeedmph=0.00&windgustmph=0.00&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.00
&weeklyrainin=1.12&monthlyrainin=4.46&yearlyrainin=19.51&solarradiation=0.00&UV=0
&indoortempf=67.3&indoorhumidity=91&baromin=29.98
&lowbatt=0&dateutc=2017-6-10%2010:41:53&softwaretype=Weather%20logger%20V3.0.8&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 HTTP/1.0
Host: rtupdate.wunderground.com
Connection: close

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-type: text/html
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:41:25 GMT
Content-Length: 8

success
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100