Author Topic: Network Weather Company  (Read 3479 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Network Weather Company
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
Some former TWC on camera Mets have joined forces and are now well into the developing stages for a new Weather Channel out there. It's called "Network Weather" Channel and Dave Schwartz as well as Rich Johnson along with others will be OCM's on the channel. Check out there web site at http://www.networkweathercompany.com/ or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/networkweatherchannel Here is what the intro on the home page says...

"Network Weather, a new 24-hour weather station, will launch October 2014, appearing nationally via cable television and broadband Internet providers.

The Network Weather team has recruited veteran meteorologist Dave Schwartz whose experience at The Weather Channel totals more than 25 years. Viewers who watched him during that period know that Dave is passionate about his profession. "What fires me up is the drama of weather. Both writing and speaking about my wonder and passion for this truly awesome field is something I just love to do," says Schwartz. Network Weather's segments will be designed for what viewers want--live, weather-centered programming.

Network Weather will offer current weather segments, forecasts, and features to its viewers in an engaging, informative, and entertaining way. "Weather is such a rich topic that even on a so-called 'slow weather day' we'll show you how exciting and compelling it can be," says Schwartz.

Network Weather executives are currently working with national advertisers to sponsor this unique and valuable programming. To learn more about Network Weather, LLC, please contact Randy Davies, Media Relations, by e-mail at randydavies@networkweathercompany.com or by mail: P.O. Box 8444, Atlanta, GA 31106.

The Network Weather channel will be a family oriented 24-hour television weather network with famed meteorologists bringing back weather that is compelling and entertaining.
"

Offline HailHunter

• Forecaster
Re: Network Weather Company
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »
I am liking the sound of this!

Offline HailHunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
They aren't being subtle at all about being the anti-Weather Channel. This quote from one of their press releases pretty much sums it up:

There are openings for meteorologists. Network Weather says on its Facebook page “we are looking for a few passionate meteorologists with on-camera experience,” while offering contact info.

Perhaps there’s a reality show to be found in the recruitment process. But that might fit better on the Weather Channel.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »
Thanks for posting that!  I look forward to it!  :D
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
After all of our complaints about TWC,  maybe this is the future of weather.

There was talk of cutting funding for the NWS and with local stations doing more and having great tech-maybe this is the future.

Private weather. There are weather consulting firms around-a guy at church runs one. Has a few accounts for small ag companies
and orchards etc.

So, there would be competition.

NWS, local channels, web/tv, private firms.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 05:11:09 PM »
They aren't being subtle at all about being the anti-Weather Channel. This quote from one of their press releases pretty much sums it up:

There are openings for meteorologists. Network Weather says on its Facebook page “we are looking for a few passionate meteorologists with on-camera experience,” while offering contact info.

Perhaps there’s a reality show to be found in the recruitment process. But that might fit better on the Weather Channel.

Good dig. :twisted:

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Rumor has it they're toast and that the mouthpiece named has sold out and gone back to the dark side.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
this website:

http://www.networkweathercompany.com/

is nothing about weather any more.

Although, this page does:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/about-us/careers/our-company

I wonder what is happening?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:52:28 PM by SlowModem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »
Do you think I have a chance to get hired?  I may not fit in their "Canada's Top Employer for Young People" category but have many hours experience in looking at my weather station and learning from the great knowledge on WXForum.net

Paul

Edit: By the way some time ago I got a message from a local Weather Channel contributor saying that he was using my station's data to provide to the Weather Channel.  That should give me some bonus points in the hiring process, right?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:14:41 PM by PaulMy »