Author Topic: Obscure connection problem with my IP-100  (Read 1532 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Obscure connection problem with my IP-100
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
About a month ago my IP-100 wouldn't connect.  This was suspiciously after Comcast replaced our modem/router, but I talked to Rainwise and sent them my IP-100.  They upgraded firmware and tested it to assure that it was working.  I have noticed something very peculiar since they returned it to me that I think may have been the root of my problem in the first place. 

This is weird, but if the !P-100 loses power, an then power is restored, it will not function again until I get the "Your station is offline" email from Weather Underground about two hours later.  Once I receive that message somebody (meaning one of the software/hardware/network vendors involved) wakes up my IP-100 and it starts reporting again within the next 5 minutes or so.  This is a relatively new phenomenon (about a month).  Before that the IP-100 worked without a problem since I purchased it.

It took awhile for me to figure this out.  One, because when I did get it running I didn't mess with it and two, the power doesn't go out that often.  I reproduced the scenario last week when I put in a UPS and had to power the IP-100 down to plug it into the battery backup outlet.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Re: Obscure connection problem with my IP-100
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
weird problem to say the least, I dump power to my ip-100 all the time without issue (knock on wood/head), my firmware is 1071.