Author Topic: Sticky Sticker  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
Sticky Sticker
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:21:26 AM »
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a problem with my station sticker, the one with the animated anemometer. every time the sticker updates it drops to Nn values for a few seconds before restoring the correct data. This looks really bad and Wunderground say it is a Flash problem which they are probably not going to fix. I am not sure of their diagnosis, the sticker has worked perfectly for 5 years and I wondered if it might just be a wunderground slow server.I have tried different browsers, computers and operating systems and it is the same. It doesn't seem to be just my problem, every station I have looked at on classic.wunderground has the same fault. Would appreciate any thoughts, even though it is a small problem. Thanks.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Sticky Sticker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 06:40:45 AM »
I see it on my classic WU page, too.  Although the sticker I use on my website doesn't do it.

WU will probably let the classic  page die one of these days.  I hope not, as it's very easy to see and use, unlike the new stuff with all the useless dropdown menus and stuff.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
Re: Sticky Sticker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »
I agree, the classic page was intuitive to use and very clear. I think the new layout is very confusing, I can never find anything. I hope they will keep the stickers but I fear they will fall to the march of progress! :-)

anything