Author Topic: Meteobridge NANO now available in Europe!  (Read 1765 times)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Meteobridge NANO now available in Europe!
« on: August 22, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »
I am happy to announce that the first batch of Meteobridge NANOs now hit the shelves in Europe. NANOs are just shipping from Germany to the resellers in Europe so that they can start delivery to customers next week.

You find a list of resellers here: http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Where_to_Buy%3F#Meteobridge_NANO

US will follow shortly.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Meteobridge NANO now available in Europe!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »
Setup is rather trivial (it just needs a laptop, tablet or smart phone).

Step by step: http://download.meteobridge.com/files/meteobridge-nano-manual-en.pdf
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »
Is it going to be subject to the "new" EU tariff's?
I agree, for the price it is a steal. But, fortunately it is not made of steel.
So current US import tariffs on steel and aluminium should not apply.  :lol: :lol:

Ambientweather will sell in the US, but this time we are slightly ahead of time in Europe.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:54:43 PM »
Is it going to be subject to the "new" EU tariff's?
I agree, for the price it is a steal. But, fortunately it is not made of steel.
So current US import tariffs on steel and aluminium should not apply.  :lol: :lol:

Ambientweather will sell in the US, but this time we are slightly ahead of time in Europe.

And the rest of the world?  From Ambient's site:  "  We ship to USA only, except APOs, FPOs and software download orders. We do not ship to international freight forwarding companies located in the United States. "

I would strongly suggest you get Ryan at Scaled as one of your dealers as he has proven to be  reliable to shipping to Canada and beyond.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
BTW, current EU prices from your approved sellers - assuming they will ship to Canada - will be almost $500 CAD (all in).  Crazy.  Not gonna happen.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
BTW, current EU prices from your approved sellers - assuming they will ship to Canada - will be almost $500 CAD (all in).  Crazy.  Not gonna happen.
In my world 200 Euro convert to 300 CAD. Please check the batteries of your calculator :roll:

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
And the rest of the world?

As with the other products, we sell world wide. Main markets like US and Europe are covered by resellers. I am just ramping that up...

Just another note on your confusing price comment. A Davis WLIP costs over 200 Euro here in Europe and the NANO is even slightly below it. When you take a classic Meteobridge setup with TP-Link, license and USB logger you also end up not much below that. So I would imagine that being recognized as an interesting deal, from whatever angle you look at it.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »
In my world 200 Euro convert to 300 CAD. Please check the batteries of your calculator :roll:

Since you started this, try shipping one into Canada - add duty, tax, postage, postal/shipper handling etc.  And your calculation on Euro-CAD does not match what credit card companies  eventually charge.  BTW, WIFILogger is $139 USD - or well under $200 CAD all-in.  IOW, HALF
what you are charging. BTW, my two Meteobridge units are still less than one of the new nanos.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »

Since you started this, try shipping one into Canada - add duty, tax, postage, postal/shipper handling etc.  And your calculation on Euro-CAD does not match what credit card companies  eventually charge.  BTW, WIFILogger is $139 USD - or well under $200 CAD all-in.  IOW, HALF
what you are charging. BTW, my two Meteobridge units are still less than one of the new nanos.

I get your point that importing one from Europe yourself is financially not attractive. But when you make the same equation on the WiFi-Logger which is sold for 150 GBP in Europe which is 250 CAD plus adding up all the cost items you mentioned, this will result into a similar unfortunate picture. As said there will be a reasonable solution for our friends in Canada and around the world...

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 03:38:30 AM »
Another factor that these simplistic price comparisons tend to overlook is that EU prices for retail customers (as distinct from business customers) are obliged by law to show prices that include sales tax. Here in the UK that adds 20% to the retail prices that are displayed. But this sales tax (VAT) is not payable on any goods exported to locations outside the EU.

It's also fairly commonplace to include shipping in the price displayed, which will typically add eg GBP10 for a properly tracked and insured consignment. So whatever price you may be looking at, deduct eg 20% and then a further deduction for any included shipping and that will give you a more accurate base price for export shipping.

Prices in Europe do tend to be somewhat higher than eg in the US (partly because of things like the higher cost of running business premises, employing staff etc), but once you strip out the costs of the mandatory sales tax and shipping, it's not by nearly so much of a margin as people sometimes think.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »
Johnd is Prodata going to stock the Nano too?

Also what Warranty is on these devices? how long?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:46:05 AM by Toxic »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 04:29:17 AM »
Johnd is Prodata going to stock the Nano too?

Also what Warranty is on these devices? how long?

Yes, certainly. First batch of Nano should hopefully be with us early next week (Bank Holiday Monday of course!).

Boris will need to answer on warranty - it will be one year as a minimum I'm sure.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »
Thanks, good point, we did not mention this. We give 2 years warranty as the manufacturer.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »
AmbientWeather will have it next week available for US customers at 225 USD. :-)

Offline AZweather

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »
AmbientWeather will have it next week available for US customers at 225 USD. :-)

I got one last week with a new VP2 6153. It’s been flawless. The thing works perfectly. Only drawback is that the console gets warm throwing off the indoor temp/ humidity in console. Tweaked the temp/ hum and it’s fine now.

Great product!