Author Topic: Peet Bros Ultimeter 800  (Read 1205 times)

Offline TheBushPilot

• Senior Contributor
  • Calibration Technician
Peet Bros Ultimeter 800
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »
Peet Bros Ultimeter being compatable with Davis Instruments sensors?

I have had this station for a little while now, it had me curious as to whether or not Davis Instruments sensors would work with the Ultimeter. I know they both use RJ connectors and such. Just curious to know what you all thought of that.

I'd just like to know if the temperature and humidity sensor will work with that because I was hoping I could use the Davis equipment with the radiation shield so it would make it easier for FARS conversion.

Thanks for any input any of you have.

Hope what I had to blabble on about made sense. :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:20:21 PM by TheBushPilot »
"There is — always — more than one thing influencing anything we are trying to measure." ~ Sherman Fredrickson
"Do it right or don't do it at all."

Met Instruments Project
Central Chasers

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Peet Bros Ultimeter 800
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:28:33 AM »
Not sure about sensors interchangeable ( doubt compatible) but the DFars shield should work. Most likely you would need to piece the conversion kit because standard 24 hour shield sensor chamber is too small for the Peetbrothers temp/hum sensor.
This can also be converted into 24 hr from daytime by adding batteries and large solar shield.

Scaled Instruments will have parts needed.

If you need help figuring out parts Ryan at Scaled should be able or we can help putting together here.

Daytime aspiration kit.
http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-236_IM_07747.pdf
The shield will look like this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:53:03 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline TheBushPilot

• Senior Contributor
  • Calibration Technician
Re: Peet Bros Ultimeter 800
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:27 AM »
Not sure about sensors interchangeable ( doubt compatible) but the DFars shield should work. Most likely you would need to piece the conversion kit because standard 24 hour shield sensor chamber is too small for the Peetbrothers temp/hum sensor.
This can also be converted into 24 hr from daytime by adding batteries and large solar shield.

Scaled Instruments will have parts needed.

If you need help figuring out parts Ryan at Scaled should be able or we can help putting together here.

Daytime aspiration kit.
http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-236_IM_07747.pdf
The shield will look like this.

I figured they wouldn't work together, though, do you know where I can get the radiation shield with out the included sensors? That would help, thanks.
"There is — always — more than one thing influencing anything we are trying to measure." ~ Sherman Fredrickson
"Do it right or don't do it at all."

Met Instruments Project
Central Chasers