Author Topic: Mojave  (Read 7590 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Mojave
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
I loaded it  in and yes it went without a hitch.   I just made sure i cleaned up my machine and had the space.  The download is 8.5gb and it takes over loading.  Anyway.   It worked flawlessly with WeatherCat,  the start up was slow a bit,   I am guessing security checks and the new file system.   

Weatherlink for Mac, now that was different   It required java legacy to make it work and then provided a link to that.     It now works too. 

I haven't worked with Weatherdisplay but will eventually today.  I am just going to let it sit awhile (mojave) with nothing I want it to do  to equalize and catch up.

Offline dave99ag

Re: Mojave
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
Interesting that you were able to get WeatherLink running with Mojave. I've had no luck getting a fresh install of WeatherLink running under Mojave. I keep getting the error below even though I have legacy Java installed. I have a support ticket opened with Davis, but they've been slow to respond. Interesting thing is that I can't find a way to run the application under 32-bit like you could with High Sierra. Using my wife's MBP w/ High Sierra until a solution is found.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Mac OSX WeatherLink/WeatherLink.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libjspMacOSX.jnilib: no suitable image found.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »
Interesting that you were able to get WeatherLink running with Mojave. I've had no luck getting a fresh install of WeatherLink running under Mojave. I keep getting the error below even though I have legacy Java installed. I have a support ticket opened with Davis, but they've been slow to respond. Interesting thing is that I can't find a way to run the application under 32-bit like you could with High Sierra. Using my wife's MBP w/ High Sierra until a solution is found.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Mac OSX WeatherLink/WeatherLink.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libjspMacOSX.jnilib: no suitable image found.

I had to delete Weathercat completely from the computer, including the stuff in application support.   The backup file folder I had to rename, then reload Weathercat, set up the comm and start over.   After I got it up and just the program running,  I put in my registration stuff.  Finally I went to backup, and had it restore from the last backup.  So far so good

Offline Taylor

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »
I'm having the same problem.

I have a Vantage Pro2 weather station connected to my Mac computer through WeatherLink.  I upgraded my operating system from El Capitan (10.11.6) to Mojave (10.14.3).  I now know that was a mistake because Weatherlink cannot be run under Mojave.  Like dave99ag, I installed the legacy Java, but still get:  java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Mac OSX WeatherLink/WeatherLink.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libjspMacOSX.jnilib: no suitable image found.

Also like dave99ag, I strongly suspect that Mojave identifies Weatherlink as able to run in 64-bit mode, when in fact it can’t.  The evidence for the misidentification of bit mode is that in “About This Mac” when you select “System Report…” and then “Software” “Applications”, it lists WeatherLink with 64-Bit (intel) = “yes”.  This indicates to me that Mojave thinks that “yes” this can be run in 64-Bit mode.  When it tries, however, it gives the “java.lang” error (even though I installed the legacy java version).

I’ve searched on the web for a way to change the 64-bit mode from “yes” to “no”, but without success.  I can find no way to force Mojave to run Weatherlink in 32-bit mode.  I also do not have another computer with an older operating system on it (dave99ag was fortunate in that regard), so I’m in real trouble.

Can anyone suggest a way to do one of the following:
1) force Mojave to run Weatherlink in 32-bit mode
2) download the data using some software other than WeatherLink, so that my meteorological record can remain continuous?
3) enable me to restore my old El Capitan operating system

I would really like to keep my meteorological records continuous to time is of the essence.

[Unfortunately, Mojave will not allow you reinstall old OS versions (see https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac-software/impossible-download-old-macos-3684588/ ).  I’ve tried to restore El Capitan but can’t.]

thank you.

Offline btrip

• South West Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »
This may help https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/25/how-to-start-up-your-mac-in-internet-recovery-mode/. Recovery Mode permits you to reinstall the macOS version that was factory-preloaded on your Mac at the time of purchase.

Hope this helps.

BTrip
B.Trip
DavisVP2/ Serial Data Logger, HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini / Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram, OS Windowa 10
Youngtown, Arizona

Offline Taylor

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:17:30 PM »
Thanks for that.  I have elected to rely on weathersnoop 3 (software I had forgotten about on my computer) to record the information from my Pro2 weather station.  It works like a charm on the new operating system. 

I might add that those of you using WeatherLink should consider finding a substitute since it appears Davis may not fully support it much longer (according to one of their tech help guys).

anything