Author Topic: Vantage Pro2 for sale  (Read 1779 times)

Offline rogerrocket

Vantage Pro2 for sale
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
I began monitoring the local weather in May 2001 with the original Vantage Pro. After some years (13) it was time to replace it.  I purchased a new Vantage Pro2 with the daytime fan in 2014.  I replaced the Davis fan with a more reliable 12v computer fan and powered it with a low voltage underground cable.  The fan is going on two years non-stop.  Also replaced the thermo-humidity sensor with the new SHT-31 in Apr 2016.  Age has now caught up with me and I will be moving to a senior living apartment in a few weeks.  I don't think I will be able to install the Davis at this apartment so I must reluctantly sell it.  Everything works although I did have to clean and lubricate the annemometer in Jan 2017.  I think I paid around $ 500 for the system originally but am asking $ 250.  I should also mention that the console has the data logger.  I also have the original console from the Vantage Pro1 and if interested please make me a offer.  I live in San Antonio Texas and if you are close, you can come and pick it up.  Otherwise I will consider shipping it to you within the continental US.  I  really hate selling it but I see no point of storing it. I am going to contact the local school systems to see if they would want it as a gift.   I even have the meterobridge attached to the Davis and transmit under CW1580.  All that will go away.  So sad.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Vantage Pro2 for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »
So sorry to hear of you challenges.  Age catches up to us all.  I sincerely hope that the administrators of your new living space will allow the Davis to be installled.  You know, when my Dad was in a home he was always interested in the weather.  It might make a nice diversion for other residents there.  Good luck!!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
I agree. See if they'll let you install it there. Might be a fun thing for everyone to take part it.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:19:18 PM »
If a school does want it, I can give you some advise on how to maintain it at school.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »
If a school does want it, I can give you some advice on how to maintain it at school.

Excellent advice. I know someone that donated a VP2 to a school but did not educate anyone at the school how to maintain it. There isn't much to maintaining the VP2, but there is some--changing console and ISS batteries, cleaning, spider webs, etc.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:34:57 AM »
I have worked in higher education for over 30 years, and would really like to see you find a local K-12 school or someone with a commitment to keep the station operating and uploading in your area rather than re-home it to a distant location.

If none of them want to make the commitment, send me a private message (PM) through the forum to discuss purchasing arrangements.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:26 AM »
Yes it's sad Rodger, sounds like you really were into it and knew what you were doing.  Something we all have chasing us down is old man time.
FYI the original 2001 Vantage Pro has the temperature/humidity sensor many look for and it's no longer available so it could be of value if it still works. 

Randy

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »
Hey Roger.  Sent you a PM.  I think it's a great idea to donate to a school, but I am interested in purchasing if you are still willing to sell.  This would go to great use as my primary station here just outside of Philadelphia (my Ambient WS-1400 just isn't cutting it!).

Best,
Dan