Author Topic: WS-1001 Clone Firmware Update Problem  (Read 6052 times)

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
WS-1001 Clone Firmware Update Problem
« on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »
I have a Froggit HP-1000 which is the same as the Ambient Weather WS-1001 Wifi.  After reading many different threads here, I downloaded the 2.2.9 update, edited the main.ini to change the frequency to 433M, and edited update.ini to keep the database from being deleted. 

The about screen now says 2.2.9, frequency is 433M, but neither the indoor nor outdoor sensor is detected.  It also deleted the database so that data is gone, but it is still on Weather Underground so no big deal.  Wifi works just fine.

I have used the Reregister Indoor and Outdoor transmitters, neither made a difference.  I have tried factory resetting, that didn't work either.

How can I get the sensors to talk to the display?
So many trees in NJ!

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
Re: WS-1001 Clone Firmware Update Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
That is the reason I won't upgrade. Think the clones may have slight custom firmware updates that are not the normal Ambient ones. And therefore will risk brick ing your weathet station.

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 03:14:53 PM »
Actually I feel really dumb.  The Froggit sensors are on 868Mhz, which is helpfully printed on the back of the inside sensor.  I went back to 2.2.9, updated the ini files to ver 2.2.9.1 and bumped up the date by 1 day, fixed the frequency and reflashed.  It works, all is good in the world again.
So many trees in NJ!

Offline hacklre

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »
Hello, I also have the Froggit HP1000 with FW Version 2.2.2. As my station looses WIFI and/or the wonderground connection sometimes for more than half a day I asked by the supplier for a new firmware. But they told me that they dont have a newer one and that I should not flash something different because this firmeware is specially for the Froggit Brand.
So as I read your post I think that this is not true. Can you write down the HW Rev Version and the OS Version of your station, if it is the same like mine I will also flash the 2.2.9 firmware.

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:21:29 PM »
Hardware revision number: 2.0
OS version: 5.0.4

Just make sure when you modify the main.ini file you change the Frequency to 868M, it needs to match what is printed on the back of the inside sensor.
So many trees in NJ!

Offline hacklre

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
Hello, thanks for the info, yesterday I edited the ini files and updated to 2.2.9.
Update worked without problems and communication is OK.
But with FW version 2.2.9 I don't have any weather forecast symbols (sunny, cloudly, rain...) in the graph window and more. I just can switch between the different graphs.
Did someone made the same experience or is ther somewhere a setting I forgot.

Offline MikeWest

• Observatory West
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
I think the answer can be found here http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=25961.msg257196#msg257196, you need to edit the ini file more.

See also http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=27528.msg285257#msg285257, the first link does not actually work anymore.

Hello, thanks for the info, yesterday I edited the ini files and updated to 2.2.9.
Update worked without problems and communication is OK.
But with FW version 2.2.9 I don't have any weather forecast symbols (sunny, cloudly, rain...) in the graph window and more. I just can switch between the different graphs.
Did someone made the same experience or is ther somewhere a setting I forgot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:39:00 PM by MikeWest »
So many trees in NJ!

Offline hacklre

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »
Hello, thanks for the answer, sounds logical after reading through it.
Is there a chance to change this setting on the console (by connecting it to a PC via USB) or must I edit the main.ini in the update files and do another firmware upgrade?