Author Topic: upload interval setting  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Billyram

• The Rapids
upload interval setting
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
I have the weatherlinkIP sharing data with WU and cwop. Cwop wants data intervals to be 15mins or more. I would like to upload to WU every minute but still keep the intervals at 15mins for cwop. Is there a way to do this ?
Thank you
Billy

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: upload interval setting
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
If you're using the Davis Weatherlink website for the uploads to WU and CWOP there is no way to change the upload interval. Davis controls that feature. You'll need to run your own software, e.g., Virtual Weather Station (VWS) or others,  uploads to those websites if you want a faster interval. I gave up doing that since it required keeping a PC running continuously.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
A Raspberry Pi can do the uploads you want using free weewx.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Billyram

• The Rapids
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 02:12:02 PM »
Will a meteobridge be use full to send data to WU every min and let the weatherlink IP continue sending data to cwop every 15 mins ?
Billy

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:37:21 PM »
If you're using the Davis Weatherlink website for the uploads to WU and CWOP there is no way to change the upload interval. Davis controls that feature.

Actually I think WU controls it (since they have responsibility for the code add-on that manages the WU uploads these days IIRC).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
If you use 3rd party software Cumulus you can utilize rapid fire and upload to WU every 4 seconds or so and choose interval of choice to CWOP, I use 7-10 minutes myself with no issues.
Randy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 05:33:19 PM »
Will a meteobridge be use full to send data to WU every min and let the weatherlink IP continue sending data to cwop every 15 mins ?
Billy

Yup.  But check to see how often the sensors are firing (no point sending old data)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Billyram

• The Rapids
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »
I have a phone app that seems to be getting its data from WU and would like to see it updated more often than 15 min intervals. But it looks like WU doesn't do rapid fire updates anymore so there's not much I can do about it.
Billy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »
My Wunderground station is still using Rapidfire.  And the Wiki says it is still active  https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/rapidfirehelp.asp