Author Topic: KE8DAF-13 Wx Data on findu without CWOP  (Read 1385 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
KE8DAF-13 Wx Data on findu without CWOP
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »
I have a Davis Weather Envoy feeding a Microsat Wx3in1 Wx/iGate/Repeater box. Since I recently got my Ham license, I set up my callsign/SSID to send the data to APRS-IS. I was pleased to find that my data and charts appear on the normal findu page as http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=KE8DAF-13. I was concerned about how to handle my long-established CWOP ID of CW4114. I have left that "as is" and MADIS is still fed by meteobridge PRO.

The only thing I noticed was that the QC info is not available, as this must be only for "CWOP" stations and not APRS uploads.

I also noticed that the KE8DAF-13 data is appearing on GRLevel3 in addition to CW4114. They overlay, but if I hover around, I can see the separate data.

KE8DAF-13 data uses my original Davis wind instruments, whereas CW4114 utilizes my R M Young wind instrument. Baro data is slightly different since this comes from the Envoy vs. the meteobridge PRO's barometric pressure sensor.

I have a beacon that explains that the data is the same as CW4114 except for wind.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: KE8DAF-13 Wx Data on findu without CWOP
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
Greg,

Go to your CWOP info page (http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=C4114&Get+information=Get+information) adn scroll to the bottom where you'll see a link for email to Phillip Gladstone. Ask him your question. He should be able to help you about whether you can switch over from the CWOP ID to your Ham ID.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849