Author Topic: The Warming Climate  (Read 54633 times)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: The Warming Climate
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »
NO this one occurred in September 2016 and if it has occurred before then obviously nobody has been paying any attention or learnt anything from previous failures, have they, some just continue on their own merry way blindly ignoring the warnings. Doesn't matter the technology it is simply super stupid to totally rely on third party providers but some will (have) put all their eggs in the one basket with this climate change craze and rather over stated targets       

Online WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #451 on: May 30, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »
Climate change is a topic that will never change any minds. Those that believe it is a hoax will never believe any study that concludes otherwise. And those that believe climate change is a very serious issue will never believe any evidence or conclusion to prove otherwise. No one will ever change a perspective from the "correct one" so bottom line? We are wasting WXForum space to try and change perspectives but we are having fun none the less! Maybe we should beat another dead horse like guessing or wishing, like we have for years in this Forum, whether or when Davis will release a replacement to its aging Vantage Pro 2 product line!

My post, above (#401), from 3 weeks ago. Have we changed any minds yet? Mine hasn't, has yours?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:23:00 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #452 on: May 30, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »
yes, the die hard deniers on this thread are never going to admit they are wrong no matter how much the climate keeps on warming

re the power cord knot:
there is some truth in that
e.g if you have a coiled extension cord and use it like that, it act like a transformer coil and heat up etc

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #453 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
And the same holds true for the other side.... :roll:

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »
Climate change is a topic that will never change any minds. Those that believe it is a hoax will never believe any study that concludes otherwise. And those that believe climate change is a very serious issue will never believe any evidence or conclusion to prove otherwise. No one will ever change a perspective from the "correct one" so bottom line? We are wasting WXForum space to try and change perspectives but we are having fun none the less! Maybe we should beat another dead horse like guessing or wishing, like we have for years in this Forum, whether or when Davis will release a replacement to its aging Vantage Pro 2 product line!

My post, above (#401), from 3 weeks ago. Have we changed any minds yet? Mine hasn't, has yours?

And your post above - http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28265.msg324634#msg324634

OK, we know you are not interested in discussing this, no need to repeat yourself several times, just ignore this thread, no-one forces you to read it. But dont tell people to stop discussing something that is not off-topic and does not violate rules of this forum. This is a forum - i.e. people discuss things.

Offline halifax

« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
NO this one occurred in September 2016 and if it has occurred before then obviously nobody has been paying any attention or learnt anything from previous failures, have they, some just continue on their own merry way blindly ignoring the warnings. Doesn't matter the technology it is simply super stupid to totally rely on third party providers but some will (have) put all their eggs in the one basket with this climate change craze and rather over stated targets     

This challenges that:

https://cleantechnica.com/2015/10/09/german-outages-12-minutes-per-customeryear/
Davis VP2+, NOAA POES Rx Station, SkyCam, Sandy Brook BrookCam. WU KCTCOLEB1. CWOP N1QVE. CoCoRaHS CT-LT-15. PurpleAir AQM Colebrook, CT.

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »
Jáchym,
  I think the issue now is not the debate about Climate Change/Global warming...Its become a war on who can get the last word in because we all know that whoever speaks last......Back to the preverbal "pissing" contest.....

:-)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
It also includes some useful links. I dont see why we should stop discussing it. Solution for those who don´t want to read this is just so simple... ignore this thread...

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
And here's the irony in that...For those who don't believe should just leave. Therefore the audience that needs to hear it won't so what ever else needs to be said...no on will be listening... 

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
For those who don't believe should just leave

Show me where I said that.

I said that those who do not want to read this should leave. It was not me who said we should stop discussing this topic. I just said that no-one should be telling me or anyone else to stop discussing something that is to the point, does not violate any forum rules. This is what this forum is for. There are many threads on this forum that Im also not interested in, but rather than posting there "stop talking about this" I just ignore them ;)

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2017, 10:42:27 AM »
Whoa ease up..... :roll:... wasn't quoting you or anyone directly....

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »
And the same holds true for the other side....
yes
but I find it hard to know how deniers can argue that the climate is not warming
or is that the deniers will admit the climate is warming, but its a natural cycle and not due to increased CO2/green house gases?
(and then if so do they argue that there is no way to know its  due to increased CO2...but what if it actually is?)

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Again, premature and fake news..... While he is definitely deciding to withdraw, there has been no official news about this yet. There is a showdown within his administration over this..... Will cooler heads prevail?

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #464 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
why would it be fake news when this has been his intention all along (and what he campaigned on)?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:12:26 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2017, 04:59:26 PM »
 #-o

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »

This challenges that:

https://cleantechnica.com/2015/10/09/german-outages-12-minutes-per-customeryear/

Challenges what?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #467 on: May 31, 2017, 06:45:19 PM »
why would it be fake news when this has been his intention all along (and what he campaigned on)?

Well... thats true, but he had many other intentions and only now found out it is not that easy and despite being the president he cant do whatever he wants, lets just hope same things goes for this ;)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #468 on: May 31, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »
Well someone has to get rid of those tax payer funded over-subsidized wind generators, take away the subsidies and wind farms will be dead, people living near these things would say sooner the better. Wind energy is nothing more than another scam in the overall things with climate change. 

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #469 on: May 31, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
I totally agree that alternative energy is CURRENTLY more expensive compared to fossil fuels. The problem is that if you keep on using it, sooner or later you will run out and have to switch to renewables anyway and the later you do this, the more expensive this will be, so in long term, moving towards renewables now saves you money in long term - but again, if people only care about themselves NOW, it is hard to argue about this.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #470 on: May 31, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »

Online WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #471 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:37 PM »
Well someone has to get rid of those tax payer funded over-subsidized wind generators, take away the subsidies and wind farms will be dead, people living near these things would say sooner the better. Wind energy is nothing more than another scam in the overall things with climate change.

But if we did away with wind farms, thousands of birds would be saved each year! We need another government boon doogle to kill a similar number of birds so the world doesn't have an over abundance of birds!   
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #472 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »

But if we did away with wind farms, thousands of birds would be saved each year! We need another government boon doogle to kill a similar number of birds so the world doesn't have an over abundance of birds!

As if no birds and other organisms were killed or harmed by the many oil spills in the past.... and that number of birds killed by wind generators is nowhere near that.

Online WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #473 on: May 31, 2017, 09:36:53 PM »

As if no birds and other organisms were killed or harmed by the many oil spills in the past.... and that number of birds killed by wind generators is nowhere near that.

And your source for your statement? (I might suggest Al Gore, but that would trigger another set of posts, so I won't do that). Also, the oil spills were accidents but the wind farms causing bird deaths are not accidents--it is inherent in the structure of that technology.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #474 on: May 31, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »
Then if wind generators can stand on their own piles without any tax payer subsidies then so be it, governments should immediately stop subsidizing them. I can already hear the hue n cry but no point claiming they don't need subsidies until the subsidies are zero.   

anything