Author Topic: WU DLL works like a charm!  (Read 4144 times)

Offline .

WU DLL works like a charm!
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:07:21 AM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:18:54 AM by brucifer »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: WU DLL works like a charm!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:57 AM »
Can you provide more info on the DLL and its location etc.?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:02:41 AM »
Bruce,

You didn't mention it, so I assume you're not uploading to CWOP.  You should check it out.

http://www.wxqa.com/

Greg

PS:  I've been through Villa Rica.  It's not that far from here.  They're calling for a little bit of snow here  but mainly in the mountains.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »
CWOP is pretty cool, I was able to tweak my barometer using their data analysis, now I get two thumbs up from MADIS all around.  I just got the Acer netbook, love it!  I figured out how to set my DVD drive on my desktop to a shared folder, now I can access that drive from my Acer on the wifi network, pretty cool.  I still have to get the serial to USB thing so I can set the Acer up as my weather computer.

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Regarding getting your dvd to be shared by your Acer...

Vista boxes have a different workgroup name for networking--can't remember what it is, but XP has "mshome" as its workgroup.

Go to "my computer", "system info", "computer name" tab, to find the workgroup name... see if it isn't different on your Vista box...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:53:56 AM by ncpilot »
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:59:20 AM »
Yes, I am running WinXP on both machines and accessed the drive through the workgroup MShome.  I noticed sometimes when I first fire up the netbook, it takes some time to synch with the desktop and find MShome.

I have noticed that even with rapidfire, some of the high gusts Weatherlink records and displays are missed by WU.  I guess if those gusts occur between the 2.5 second periods (or when rapidfire is suspended during CWOP uploads) those gust are missed by WU, but are still recorded by Weatherlink.

anything