Author Topic: Weatherlink.com  (Read 6964 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Re: Weatherlink.com
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
blizzardof78, I want to apologize for the harshness of my comments. I re-read your post and realized that you  probably were someone who is being nickle and dimed (well really a hundred here and a hundred there) to death by life.  It took me five years to save up enough for my initial VP2 station.  Since then I have an annual expansion/repair/web host/domain registration budget.  Running a wx station is not cheap.

The Rainwise computer links are much more expensive than Davis's.  If I understand them correctly they only sell the equivalent of a combined  Envoy and a logger at a much higher price than Davis charges for both.  Their WLIP equivalent is also pricier than what Davis charges.

Thanks d_l I appreciate it. I have been eyeing the necessary equipment to send my Rainwise data to the web but that, too, is good and expensive. Maybe Income Tax return time. Take care and thank you again.

Offline JoansGarden

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »
I'm a new member and I found this forum while googling for an answer to a question. I'm a real neophyte when it comes to weather so I can answer another question that was raised in this thread. I went with the subscription to upload to the Davis weather map because 1) no set up 2) $30 is not so expensive for a full year of service (possiby dinner for 2?) 3) it's an easy way for me to track what's happening at home when I'm not there. I live in a very rural area and there aren't other weather stations reporting.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »
I'm a new member and I found this forum while googling for an answer to a question. I'm a real neophyte when it comes to weather so I can answer another question that was raised in this thread. I went with the subscription to upload to the Davis weather map because 1) no set up 2) $30 is not so expensive for a full year of service (possiby dinner for 2?) 3) it's an easy way for me to track what's happening at home when I'm not there. I live in a very rural area and there aren't other weather stations reporting.

Welcome to the forum!! So what is the name of your station, or better yet, can you direct us to a direct link to your data? Thanks!

Don in Ohio

anything