Author Topic: PSW support for precipitation, solar radiation, UV index  (Read 4040 times)

Offline LambertRanchCO

PSW support for precipitation, solar radiation, UV index
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:55:07 AM »
Hi -

Recent convert from WU.  I like this site, it has a nice non-nonsense look and feel to it.  I am currently feeding weather data from a Davis Pro2 via meteohub.  The precipitation graph is not working and I notice in the tabular data the precip column is also empty.  The precipitation in the Summary pane is however working, and is accurately reporting from my PWS! 

Spot checking all other weather data fields appears to be correct.  Joe - what format, field is PWS weather expecting the precipitation to be in for the two missing fields?  weather station ID is: KCOSEDAL6.

Last comment.  Any plans to support solar radiation and UV index? 

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
Re: PSW support for precipitation, solar radiation, UV index
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
The different precipitation columns are populated depending on the information sent by different types of software.  The primary field that all software should be displaying is the 'Daily Precip Total'.  There was a change made a few weeks ago to address a couple minor issues with Meteohub sends.  It may have caused another issue with the precipitation table.  If you'll login at http://www.pwsweather.com/login.php ,  click on 'Support' and send the information that will include your station ID and we can check into it.

The 'Precip Rate' column would be for hourly rain which is sent in the rainin parameter.

UV and solar radiation is planned for a future update to the system.  Meteohub does send that information so once the columns are added it will automatically start showing up.
Joe Torsitano

Offline LambertRanchCO

Re: PSW support for precipitation, solar radiation, UV index
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 10:10:14 AM »
Yes the daily precip total column is being populated correctly.  The graph is flatlined and the first rain column ("precip") is not populated.

Thanks for looking into this, cant's wait until the UV and solar radiation data shows up.

I sent you a separate support note on the information you requested.  Let me know if I can assist in any way.

anything