Author Topic: Updating Software ws-1001  (Read 1470 times)

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
Updating Software ws-1001
« on: April 25, 2015, 08:50:38 AM »
Hi,
I have the ws-1001 which i got for Christmas after waiting for months for it to get back in stock. Actually it was more like a couple days after because the day after it went back in to stock it went out again. So once i got it up and running it was reporting and operational 99% of the time. I am currently using software 2.2.0 and the current is 2.2.2. I am confused on how to do this. I have a mac computer. When i download it on safari, it is a folder already so i just put it on my sd card. When i put it into the console and unplug it, the console does not update itself. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline billybob

Re: Updating Software ws-1001
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »
Hi chris, I have a ws 1400 and it doesn't come with a console like yours but since you have posted multiple times without any help, I will try to help :idea:

The file that you are downloading is most likely a zip file. You will have to open the zip folder and put the contents of the folder on your sd card. This will allow you to update. Here are some instructions that I found on the fine offset website (ambient is a clone of fine offset) http://www.foshk.com/upload/doc/2014051657375985.pdf

Hope this helps. Also on a side note, if you have 99% reliable transmission, I wouldn't worry about updating the firmware. As you have probably already noticed, multiple people have tried different variations for their 1xxx series weather stations and different firmware has different quirks. If it is 99% reliable then I personally would not update but you can try if you are feeling adventurous :-)

Offline HaraldS

Re: Updating Software ws-1001
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »
I am using a Mac, too.

Make sure, your microSD card works with the station. I had some trouble with the card I was first trying to use. The simplest is to save an export. If that works, you are ok.

After I resolved that issue with a card that worked, I was able to put the update folder at the root of the card and all worked as described.