Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 629592 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #4350 on: October 23, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »
Hi guys,
I need your help. I need access to someone's clientraw.txt and realtime.txt.

By access I mean just a URL of this file that is being periodically updated, i.e. is current.

Also, I need that to be someone from either the same timezone as me (UTC+2) or someone who is "behind" my time (anyone from the U.S.). I need it to be either current or in the past, but not to be seen as future by my server that I will use.

I might be accessing your file for a few days now, but dont worry, no periodical downloads.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4351 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:10 AM »
Jachym, see email

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4352 on: October 23, 2016, 11:30:48 AM »
Yes, thank you very much Paul.

And I have clientraw already too, thanks guys... its amazing... I ask for something and I get it within 10 minutes :D Thats probably a better response time than even I have with support LOL :D :D :D

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4353 on: October 23, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Hi guys,
I need your help. I need access to someone's clientraw.txt and realtime.txt.

By access I mean just a URL of this file that is being periodically updated, i.e. is current.

Also, I need that to be someone from either the same timezone as me (UTC+2) or someone who is "behind" my time (anyone from the U.S.). I need it to be either current or in the past, but not to be seen as future by my server that I will use.

I might be accessing your file for a few days now, but dont worry, no periodical downloads.

Soon time to gear up Jáchym, I imagine than in a very short time you will have a control-room like this with different weather-software running on each screen and in the room behind all the weather stations are situated:

:grin:  :grin:

Regards

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4354 on: October 23, 2016, 03:06:39 PM »
LOL, yeah :D

My current HW is slightly more modest :D :D :D

What is this? Some nuclear powerplant control room? :D

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4355 on: October 23, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »

What is this? Some nuclear powerplant control room? :D

Its my weather station  :grin:

No...just found it on google  :grin:
Love all the red buttons.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4356 on: October 23, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
Yeah :D

Though you usually have just one such "red button". In this case I wonder.... if there is an emergency you better think twice which of those 18 (!) you press :D

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Language - Romanian - 19th available, 20th coming soon
« Reply #4357 on: October 24, 2016, 11:06:23 AM »
Hi guys,

the template is now almost completely available also in Romanian, big thanks goes to Bogdan for his help.

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/translations/index.php

This is now 19th language in which Meteotemplate is available, 20th is under way ;)

Enjoy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4358 on: October 24, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »

Offline Stegrie

• Wetterstation Johanngeorgenstadt
« Reply #4359 on: October 26, 2016, 03:06:04 AM »
Jachym, see Mail

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor
« Reply #4360 on: October 26, 2016, 05:17:01 AM »
Jachym Hello, good morning, because when I updated the Block WebCam to the new version, I need to put the mouse over the image to make it look clear?

I would like the image look as before.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4361 on: October 26, 2016, 07:00:05 AM »
Hi Juan,
not sure what you mean, which image?

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor
« Reply #4362 on: October 26, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »
If You enter http://www.meteobadalonaprogres.cat you will see the Block Web Cam the camera image looks a little evening, and to view it either has to put the mouse over.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4363 on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:43 AM »
That link redirects me to Leuven site so Im not sure which image you are talking about.

Offline gus

• Halethorpe Weather-Watch
« Reply #4364 on: October 26, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »
Hi Jachym,      
I believe Juan Maria Vilaro is refering to the opacity setting (0.7 non-hover setting) of the webcam image.
This could be a possible option in the block setup.
http://www.meteobadalonaprogres.cat/template/indexDesktop.php
Gus
Davis VP2+, LabJack w/temp sensors & 1-Wire lightning counter on AMD Athlon IIx2 220, 4GB, Windows7

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4365 on: October 26, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
Aha.... I see, yes possibly, it is to indicate that you can click on it and zoom it in

Offline gus

• Halethorpe Weather-Watch
« Reply #4366 on: October 26, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
I agree. Also makes the page look more interactive.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:12:27 AM by gus »
Davis VP2+, LabJack w/temp sensors & 1-Wire lightning counter on AMD Athlon IIx2 220, 4GB, Windows7

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4367 on: October 26, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
The previous version was not zoomable so I wanted to show that to the user by having it highligted when hovered over and with the hand cursor. When you click it, it has full opacity.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Block Update - Summary exclusively in Czech! ;-)
« Reply #4368 on: October 27, 2016, 06:56:40 AM »
Hi guys,

the Summary block is now also available exclusively in Czech, far from perfect, but better than nothing :-)

Enjoy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate 10.0 Banana - biggest update yet
« Reply #4369 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

Hi guys,

you might have noticed there has not been many updates recently.... this is because I was intensively preparing version 10. However, I should say that this version also includes many changes I wanted to do long time ago, but never completed so did not include in previous versions.

Meteotemplate 10.0 Banana is a major update, probably the most significant update yet, and this includes not just many new pages and things you will see directly on the page, but majority of the code of the Weather Station section - code that I have written over a year ago, while learning PHP, has been rewritten, optimized and some pages done completely from scratch.

One thing that you will appreciate especially if you are a new user is that I have completely re-written the data import and database update scripts. There are no more WD.php, Cumulus.php, meteobridge.php etc. scripts... there is simply "an update script", "an import script". These now also work totally differently. In previous versions you made a file that was compatible with Meteotemplate for import - now Meteotemplate adjusts based on what your files look like - and so you can now import data and update database with practically any file that contains the necessary information, regardless of its structure.

And in addition, this version finally completed my long-term goal - the database update was the very last thing that still had to be set up in the code itself. Now it uses GUI and is accessible from your control panel. And this therefore means, that unless you want to make specific customizations, you can now install and setup Meteotemplate, setup and install blocks and plugins and do admin actions, without ever seeing the code. And this is also a major advantage for me because it gives much less space for potential errors that people can accidentally make when they for example delete a semi-colon etc.

Some of the new features might look like minor, but they will also save you time - for example the new "remember me" function - stay logged in as an admin even if you close the browser or shut down your PC until you click the log out button, current conditions in header, site search in footer. Your homepage blocks now also have some new features - a new "header block" and "footer block" further extend the layout possibilities, possibility to highlight important blocks, set names for menu blocks. There is lot of new things, so just keep reading and then especially explore it once you have it installed yourself - btw. the update should be very easy.

New/redesigned pages
  • new page: Rain Seasons
    • calculate statistics for “rain season”select month you want as season beginning
    • year comparison and visualizations
    • month averages
    • tables + graphs
    • seasonal graphs
    • graphs resizable
    • graph selection – line/column
    • all month data
    • comparison with absolute station values
    • available also for mobile version
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/station/rainSeasons.php
  • new page: Day-time Statistics
    • detailed statistics for day-time – select day iterval on the fly (from-to)
    • alltime stats
    • hour averages – graphs, tables
    • monthly averages – graphs, tables, comparison with absolute values and deviations
    • yearly averages – graphs, tables, comparison with absolute values and deviations
    • all-values graph – resizable, zoomable
    • smart caching for very fast loading
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/station/day.php
  • new page: Night-time Statistics
    • detailed statistics for day-time – select night interval on the fly (from-to)
    • alltime stats
    • hour averages – graphs, tables
    • monthly averages – graphs, tables, comparison with absolute values and deviations
    • yearly averages – graphs, tables, comparison with absolute values and deviations
    • all-values graph – resizable, zoomable
    • smart caching for very fast loading
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/station/night.php
  • new page/discontinued: Weather Outlook/forecast
    • this page is based on the Outlook plugin. The Outlook plugin is now DISCONTINUED as well as the WWO page! The new forecast/outlook page is now included for all in the core template files
    • added new forecast summary table – see all forecasts in a single table overview
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/forecast/index.php
  • new page: Astronomy Calendar
  • daily report
    • complete redesign and code clean up/optimization
    • added station long-term averages to tables and graphs
    • added deviations from long-term station averages to tables and graphs
    • added absolute min/max for station for comparison
    • new “all-data” graph – graph shows all parameters in one graph, you can turn on/off just the ones you want to compare
    • color-underlay in tables for all parameters
    • redesign included for mobile version
    • speed optimization
    • graphs resizable
    • bug fixes – for example, in previous versions, no data showed as “0” in graphs, which completely shifted the axis. Now the graphs simply are blank when there is no value
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/station/redirect.php?url=reportDaily.php%3Fd%3D22%26m%3D10%26y%3D2016
  • monthly report
    • complete redesign and code clean up/optimization
    • new all-parameter graph – all parameters in one graph
    • new “almanac” section with month calendar, moon phases, sun rise/set
    • added to graphs and tables: comparison with long-term station
    • added to graphs and tables: deviation from long-term averages
    • added to graphs and tables: absolute min/max
    • redesign included for mobile version
    • color-underlay in tables for all parameters
    • graphs resizable
    • bug fixes – see daily reports, correctly shift months when the first month in database is not January (previously showing January in all cases…)
    • DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/pages/station/redirect.php?url=reportMonthly.php?date=2016/9
  • yearly report
  • station climate/statistics
    • complete redesign and optimization – all parameters now handled by 1 script – much easier code management and speed
    • added station averages to tables
    • added deviations from long-term station averages to tables
    • added absolute min/max for station for comparison
  • trends
    • redesign and optimization
    • all parameters now handled by just one script
    • now for mobile version as well
    • code clean up, bug fixes (same features, 95% less code…)
New features for blocks
  • block highlighting – in homepage setup you can choose which blocks you want to be highlighted (different background color based on your color theme), works for mobile version as well
  • header block – you can now select one block which will be right at the top and span the whole width of the page regardless of how many columns you have – ideal for gauges for example and no need to use single-column layout and multiple blocks, just put header block at the top and have 3 columns below, works for mobile version as well
  • footer block – the same as above, but this time a block spanning the whole width of the page at the very bottom below all other blocks, works for mobile version as well
  • menu block names – you can now specify names for menu blocks. This is optional. If you specify a name, it will be shown at the top of the menu block below the blocks menu selector, the template will also try to translate this name if it is available in the language strings, if not, it will show it as specified, works for mobile version as well
New features
  • show current conditions in the header – in the Main settings you can now specify if you want to enable this. If yes then you will see the current conditions on every page directly in the header below the flag icon. The values iterate automatically and you can specify the interval for the change to another parameter. Works also for mobile version.
  • site search – you can now include a search for your whole site in the footer! This can be enabled/disabled in the Main settings. For this to work you will need a Google API key, instructions included in the Main settings file.
  • new feature – insert custom image background to header for mobile version (setup in Main settings)
  • new features for you as an admin
    • “remember me” feature – select this and you will stay logged in as an admin even if you close the browser or shut down the computer, until you log out. This feature uses cookies and the currently most sophisticated encryption available (B-crypt)
  • new Import pages – now accessible via cPanel directly
    • any software -> one import file
    • you can now import data to the database from practically any file or WU. You can precisely define the format of the file and it will automatically import it, no need to adjust the format. This allows importing log files from any software.
    • very detailed overview of what exactly is happening during the import to spot any errors (over 200 possible messages based on what is happening)
    • possibility to “test import” to see if correct values will be saved to db
    • possibility to set the time span for WU import (for slow servers importing by month was a problem, in contrast, on faster servers you can now set longer intervals for import at once)
Bug fixes/optimizations/minor changes
  • GENERAL:
    • naming standardization – at the beginning I simply called the files whatever I just first came up with, so some pages were renamed to respect the naming convention of the rest of the template
      eg: daily_report -> reportDaily
      annual_report -> reportYearly
  • station/pages/calendar.php
    Bug fixes, optimizations, CSS tweaks
  • station warnings icons moved inside the header to save valuable space below the header
  • climate pages – optimization, CSS tweaks, redesign
  • interactive graph – prevent graph from not loading when there is no data available for selected period
  • alldata table now created automatically when testing MySQL in Main settings
  • possibility to test emails – mail server must be correctly configured on the server for emails to work, you can now test directly in Main settings, if notifications and plugins using emails will work for you
  • footer code clean up – previously included all days available in the db in the code for day report selection, now handled by separate script
  • prevent the settings block showing “opened” below the footer if db empty
  • removed all PHP notices caused by the METAR script
  • few new icons
  • fixed “sun theme” issue
  • new spinner
  • liveData - fixed issue with total rain not showing
Depracted pages:
  • all update pages (WD, WView, WU, Cumulus - replaced by update.php)
  • all import pages (CSV, WU, WD, Cumulus - replaced by import.php)
  • worldweatheronline.php - replaced with darksky.net outlook
Depracted plugin:
  • outlook - now part of main template files with even more features
Update Instructions

In the blog

As always - the first person to do the update, please let me know, once Im sure it is ok I will send out emails to people about the new version.

E N J O Y !!!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:00:36 AM by Jáchym »

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #4370 on: October 27, 2016, 09:42:42 AM »
Updated to V10.0 with out any problems!
Great work Jachym =D>

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4371 on: October 27, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »
Thanks for letting me know, Im glad you like it

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4372 on: October 27, 2016, 11:57:36 AM »
Just a couple of points I forgot to emphasize:

- Your current website will work perfectly fine as it is now even if you do not update to 10.0
- if you want to update, remember that updates are ONLY possible from one version to another, if you are using 8.0, you either have to install 9 and then 10, or do a clean install. It really isnt possible for me to create several update packages, several update instructions etc. for each possible version combination

Most importantly:
I have said this in the past, but let me remind you again that all your blocks and plugins will work even in the new version, if not it would be update too (but it is not the case for v10, so no blocks or plugins need an update).
HOWEVER
If you decide not to update to the latest template version, then YOU MUST NOT update anything else, in other words, it is perfectly ok to keep using an older version, but in that case you made the decision to leave your page static, all plugins and blocks I release always assume the user uses the latest version of the template. They might work even with an older version, but this cannot be guaranteed and also, the menu.php from v10 will NOT WORK in any other version so keep that in mind!

Before updating ANYTHING - a block, plugin, menu etc. (with the exception of language files, those can be updated any time) - you must make sure you are using the latest version of the template, otherwise just leave your page as it is.

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #4373 on: October 27, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »
Thanks Jachym,
As usual it went very smoothly and is working fine.
Tom

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4374 on: October 27, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »
Thanks Tom

anything