Weather Station Hardware > Davis Instruments Weather Stations

Dew point decimals

(1/2) > >>

dport:
This is a terribly dumb question, but I can not find an answer anywhere using the search feature.  How do I get my uploaded VP2 data to report the dew point in decimals?  I've noticed that other Davis units on WU and pwsweather are reporting out to the tenths decimal place.   

Bushman:
Which HW (WLIP, USB etc.) and which software (Weatherlink, Cumulus, etc.) and direct or via say, Meteobridge vs. PC?

dport:

--- Quote from: Bushman on June 19, 2018, 10:29:41 AM ---Which HW (WLIP, USB etc.) and which software (Weatherlink, Cumulus, etc.) and direct or via say, Meteobridge vs. PC?

--- End quote ---

Ah, ok. It’s logger and software dependent. I am using the new WiFiLogger to upload directly to multiple sites.

johnd:
No offence to anyone, but Dew Point reports to 0.1deg, especially in F, are really displaying that the user doesn't understand what they're reporting (that is, if the software in use allows any control over the reported precision). Dew points are calculated from temperature and RH, each of which has their own error - these errors compound up when calculating dewpoint and the resulting values are typically not accurate to better than 1-2°F, if that. So the decimal part of any such dewpoint value is essentially meaningless.

dport:

--- Quote from: johnd on June 19, 2018, 10:37:35 AM ---No offence to anyone, but Dew Point reports to 0.1deg, especially in F, are really displaying that the user doesn't understand what they're reporting (that is, if the software in use allows any control over the reported precision). Dew points are calculated from temperature and RH, each of which has their own error - these errors compound up when calculating dewpoint and the resulting values are typically not accurate to better than 1-2°F, if that. So the decimal part of any such dewpoint value is essentially meaningless.

--- End quote ---

No offense taken. Without the tenths place it can make for a jagged graph, but that’s simply an optical opinion. Was more curious since all the Davis stations in my area report the decimal. 

Agree with you though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version