Weather Station Hardware > Davis Instruments Weather Stations

DSI-01 Serial Interface for Davis VP, VP2, Vue and Envoy availability

(1/23) > >>

SLOweather:
OUT OF PRODUCTION, SORRY!

edited 4 Dec 2013 by SLOweather

I have several interfaces assembled and boxed and ready to ship. Availability is limited until I receive more parts and can build up more stock. Please PM or email me for the ordering URLs, so I don't get over sold. Ask about international shipping. I've successfully sent these to the UK, AU, NZ and other locales.

Also, based on inquiries, I've added a 25' cable option.

meteo.quimper:
Hi

Great work !!! Can you tell me if it possible to update the firmware of the console with your interface ? not with the direct pc install but with the separate .bin file (http://davisnet.com/support/weather/downloads/software_direct.asp?SoftCat=2&SoftwareID=203) because i need to translate the forecast located in the firmware in french and to send the translated firmware in the console.

Best regards

SLOweather:
I have done the direct PC firmware update with this interface. I don't believe that it's possible to perform an update with it which requires the Davis Updater, although I've never tried it.

johnd:

--- Quote from: SLOweather on December 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM ---I don't believe that it's possible to perform an update with it which requires the Davis Updater, although I've never tried it.

--- End quote ---

Chris, it sounds like you may not have used the updater? If you check the 6311 documentation at:

www.davisnet.com/weather/products/wx_product_docs.asp?pnum=06311VP2

you'll see that you actually have to remove any logger before using the updater. The 6311 pack contains a 'link program adapter' which plugs direct into the console socket . (If you think about this makes sense, because not everyone with a console will have a logger and so Davis needed to provide some way of updating the console firmware without forcing users to buy a logger.)

SLOweather:
Yeah, I used the updater several years ago to do the update which enabled the follow-on direct PC updates. Actually, I rented it from Davis and then sub-rented it to a bunch of other Davis owners so we all paid only a few $$ for the use of it.

I thought meteo.quimper was asking if my serial interface could be used to perform an update which otherwise requires the Davis updater.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version