Weather Related Organizations > WeatherUnderground

WU - Let us know your issues

(1/409) > >>

WUpm:
My name is Sean and I work at the Weather Underground.  There have been some big changes in the organization in our company.  We are a new team that has been tasked with working to bring WU back to a working state, with the users as our primary focus.   Our goal is to be fully transparent with the community as we work to resolve some of the issues with the Weather Underground products, particularly as it relates to our PWS users. 

Our hope is that with some communication and some sharing of our plans as clearly as possible, we can help to make changes for the positive.  Our initial goal is to start pinpointing PWS issues that you all are experiencing.  We are already aware of a number of issues that are affecting a large portion of the PWS user base.  One thing we would like to know from you is the #1 issue you are having.  If you have specific issues with your PWS, feel free to private message your email and PWS ID.

We know that many of you are frustrated by your experience.  We are going to do our best with what we have to improve, and to be as transparent as possible about our progress.

EDIT:  Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground  This contains the current issues we are tracking.  We have enabled comments so don't hesitate to comment on the board for specific issues.  Please continue to let us know what we need to focus on to make the products better for you.

PaulMy:
Welcome Sean.  I am sure you are expecting some criticism based on recent experiences by PWS contributors, but great to have you here.
For me, 2 things:
Would like stability in the data that is shown from my uploads.
Would like to get my webcams showing again, and on a regular interval with the time lapse videos.

Thank you,
Paul
IONTARIO226
IONTARIO1189

Glenn:
Sean,
Thanks for joining here and soliciting feedback, it's much appreciated. I'm sure having a WU presence here will help with a lot of questions.

My stations appear to be good after a few bumps in the road last week. All my data is showing up correctly and the charts/graphs look good. I even noticed my station views counter has gone up again.

I would like to see the ability to upload a station picture for each location I have. I know that feature went away with WU pictures; I often find it interesting to see how other folks have their station mounted. Certainly wouldn't have to be a large high res imagine...just something to get an idea of the station and mount.

Again, appreciate WU's availability.

jackman:
Oh wow, yes welcome Sean! This is a great place to check the pulse of WU and nice to have you with us. As a start the story around webcam support is lengthy going back months and perhaps for most of 2017. Here's my error message from a few minutes ago:

ftp> Connected to webcam.wunderground.com.
open webcam.wunderground.com
421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

ebfletch:
Hi, my name is Ben. I work with Sean at the Weather Underground. We were thinking of setting up a trello board so that you could see what work is in progress. What do you all think about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version