Author Topic: one more WU and Bloomsky Sky camera Questions  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
one more WU and Bloomsky Sky camera Questions
« on: January 01, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
I have two IP cameras already updating pictures to Weatherunderground.  The weather data comes from Weatherlink.IP to my station on WU.  I do that because running either Weathercat or Weatherdisplay on my imac slows down everything else.  It can't be corrected so I use those two to get raw data and then go with that for my own uses.

The question I have,  can I have only the sky camera send images to WU without having that data interfere with the data from the Davis VP2 station?   I added the Storm but that isn't ready to send data until Bloomsky gets it done.

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
Re: one more WU and Bloomsky Sky camera Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:35:59 PM »
Just add a new station to your WU account using the Bloomsky. You can add the camera to that station. The data from each station is kept separate. I currently have two stations running under my WU account, used to be 3 stations until one quit working.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »
Just add a new station to your WU account using the Bloomsky. You can add the camera to that station. The data from each station is kept separate. I currently have two stations running under my WU account, used to be 3 stations until one quit working.

I thought about doing that. I suspect I will take your advice.     

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
I did the station add but today I am getting "530 Login authentication failed"  under the webcam upload.    Do you have an answer for this?